YaTQA Changelog Archive
All dates in this document are in central european time (CEST or CET) and the notation used in these countries (dd.mm.yyyy).
Please do not use the versions that are marked as deprecated because of their bugs.
0.1 alpha (27.06.2011) [DEPRECATED]
All versions prior to rc2 are deprecated because they could crash – at least my – network driver when sending more than ~700 bytes. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.
- This is the first release.
0.2 alpha (03.07.2011) [DEPRECATED]
- All permission features are now available.
- All images were moved to resource files, which reduced the size of the application by 70 KiB. Anyway, due to the massive addition of functionallity, it got 25 KiB bigger.
- Changed the icon of “deploy running” to be more emanticipated.
- The titlebar now shows the selected server and virtual server, but in a shorter form than the while areas on the top.
- The RedeemerTS3 got extended in many ways, yet it's not complete.
- Added the option to create tokens.
- I added a list of a client's groups in the channels of a server. This feature is currently read-only, with the exception that you can rename channels.
- Changed the Unescape function to my own one, since the previous could - in some rare cases - use an escaped backslash to unescape the character after it.
- The input window did not accept negative numbers when in numbers only mode and did not check the input when in float mode. Additionally, there was a problem with the format of floats.
- You can't edit the permission names and break the edit feature for a short time by doing that.
1.0.0 rc1 (28.07.2011) [DEPRECATED]
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from editing guest groups
- Added a token list
- Completed the underlying RedeemerTS3 query engine
- Fixed a bug that showed an error message when doubleclicking in an empty area of the permission list
- Added prefixes to the group lists
- Icon IDs must be in Integer range when editing permissions and working with client info (DWord is not allowed). When working with server information, the IDs are retrieved as Integers, but must be set as DWord. The numbers displayed in the icon upload dialog's hints are always DWords, so YaTQA also displays them as DWords.
- You can no longer doubleclick a permission's name (instead of the last columns which are supposed to be doubleclicked in order to change them), which did not cause a change, but send stuff to the server.
- Added kick features to the complain list
- Expanded and improved hint texts all over the application
- Made several improvements to the permission editor (e.g. added default buttons, so you can use Enter)
- Groups can now be added, removed, copied and renamed
- You can now log out by trying to change the account to one with no name or password. This already worked before, but lead to an error.
- Changed the editor for multi-line settings like the welcome message to one that supports multi-line text
- Fixed a bug that prevented the client channel group list from displaying memberships in the last group
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from properly giving channel group permissions
- Fixed a bug that prevented the two permission filter features from being available while editing Channel Groups
- Fixed a bug that prevented the application from unescaping the last character of a string
- Fixed a bug that caused the application to also use the month file traffic stats for the total traffic stats (instead of the real total stats)
- Fixed an interface flaw resulting from that
- Fixed a bug that caused a name inconsistency after editing channel names in the client channel group overview
- Added a running file transfer list
- Added a server view with user and channel details
- Added a channel file list, which can be found in the server view (“Users” tab)
- The server view heavily features multiselect and drag'n'drop, e.g. you can drag some files and directories from a channel's file list and drop it on another channel to move it there
- Displayed permissions are now consistent, even when using the filter features
- Fixed a channel view indent bug that also affected the client channel group list
1.0.0 rc1b (02.08.2011) [DEPRECATED]
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from copying groups over existing ones.
- Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect codec bitrate at 620 and 640 ms latency.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the titlebar from displaying the actual server adress.
1.0.0 rc1c (05.08.2011) [DEPRECATED]
- Added the ability to select a server by ID and by Port, which is useful if you have no rights to display a list
- The top bar and title bar caption is now updated when using the first and the second virtual server tab, because those information are not yet available right after using the above-mentioned features.
1.0.0 rc2 (12.08.2011)
- Created my own WYSIWYG editor for BBcode which is used whereever BBcode is entered, edited or displayed
- Completely changed the way how data is sent to fix a very serious bug that appeared when sending a large amount of information and could for some unknown reason break your internet connection until you re-plug your LAN cable
- There is now a default button for the server group client combo box, so you can press enter in order to add someone to the selected group
1.0.0 final (09.10.2011)
- Updated the permissions SIDs to server version 3.0.0
- Fixed the BBCodeUtils to reset formatting (but it seems like it was not necessary to do that)
- Added scroll bars to RichEdit boxes
- Added ability to create and deploy snapshots, as well as reset the permission groups
- Changed the Flag of Libya (LY) from the Flag of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya to the Flag of the National Transitional Council
- Fixed a bug that raised an error when editing existing BBCode texts
- Removed the Flag of the United Kingdom (UK), because GeoIP returns Great Britain (GB) instead (the flag was already included before, but twice)
- Removed the Flag of Serbia and Montenegro (CS), because the state does no longer exist and is not a possible result of GeoIP
- Added the missing flags for the following possible results of GeoIP: Anonymous Proxy (A1), Satellite Provider (A2), Asia/Pacific Region (AP), Antarctica (AQ), Saint Barthelemy (BL), Europe (EU), Metropolitan France (FX), Guernsey (GG), Isle of Man (IM), Jersey (JE), Saint Martin (MF), Other (O1).
- Fixed a bug in the BBCode decoder caused by strange behavior of the Windows Rich Edit control (it removes the text formating, but only some of them and only in some rare cases)
- Fixed a bug related to virtual server quota
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Vista icon from displaying correctly, because it was declared a 21060-bit icon
- Added more binary prefixes to keep numbers shorter
- Consilidated the code that is used to display values
- Linked the small icon in the bottom right to my homepage
- Cleaned up code
- Added string display limits
- Changed the name the channel save mode property, because it was saying exactly the opposite of what it was wanted to
- Fixed a bug that broke the chat feature in the user tab
- Fixed a bug that prevented ampersands from displaying correctly
- Fixed a bug that lead to errors when using some characters, e.g. the Eszett ligature
- Fixed a spelling mistake in the client details
- Fixed a small display flaw in the channel details
- Changed the localtion of yatqa.ini from the application's directory to %APPDATA%\YaTQA
- Fixed the text limits for the top bar (in the first concept, there were four buttons in the second button group, but it soon got decreased to the today's three)
- Improved some texts
- Added the logo to the start screen
- Added a bookmark manager
- The stuff stored in yatqa.ini is now encoded. I merely did not do that to prevent data theft but because Delphi doesn't allow me to store Unicode in INIs.
no own version number, internally named 1.0.0 post-final (10.10.2011)
- Made date format translateable
- Consolidated the functions used to format timestamps to strings
- Added default input and button for the login page
- Removed duplicate XP style manifest
- Renamed Flag of Great Britain to Flag of the United Kingdom
- If there is no data received as a result of a request, an error message is displayed now and the complete function stops.
- If any data is received before the timeout, another timeout is added. This will be repeated until an error is received (which is usually error 0, meaning no error) or no new data is received (which will lead to the above-mentioned error).
- This replaced the “List index out of bounds (-1)” error, seen by some users after getting kicked for flooding.
- Added an info message when trying to reset permissions without having a server selected
- The tool will now leave the current server after resetting permissions, because the server kicks you too.
From version 1.1.0 on, development has moved from a Windows-XP-x86-based laptop computer named ROT to a Windows-7-x64-based desktop computer called 3HUNDERT. That means that the main testing is now done with Windows 7, but because I'm only using default Delphi commands that are optimized for all versions of Windows, no major problems should occur.
- Changed the dates on the start screen from the German notation to the one used in e-mail headers, which is always clear and somewhat close to the German notation, which is important because this line is not translated
- The server version info was updated to server version 3.0.1. If an older version is used, the old format is used and a message is displayed, saying that features are not available.
- Updated log feature to server version 3.0.1 beta
- Fixed a bug that caused the Connect button to not become available for bookmarks after disconnecting if you already had a bookmark selected
- YaTQA will now leave the server instead of timing out instantly (this is an oxymoron and makes no sense, but that's what the TS3 server reported to the voice clients when earlier versions of YaTQA disconnected)
- The tool will now leave the current server after deploying a snapshot.
- The log feature is now unavailable for older server versions than 3.0.1. It is not possible to keep the support for it, because the controls needed to browse the log are completely different.
- Added unit to “Time to flood” property
- Added thousands separator to most non-ID numbers
- Changed the grammar used on the start screen's version info to be language-independent
- Translated “Summe:” label in the virtual server stats
- Added file upload (right-click) and download features (double-click) to the file list, but be aware that there is no progress bar and cancel button (the tool will hang until the transfer is done; might be changed in a future version)
- Fixed a bug that hid the following permissions: i_ft_file_rename_power, i_ft_needed_file_rename_power, i_ft_file_browse_power, i_ft_needed_file_browse_power, i_ft_directory_create_power, i_ft_needed_directory_create_power, i_ft_quota_mb_download_per_client, i_ft_quota_mb_upload_per_client
- Removed invisible trash from the permission list resource of the German version
- Fixed a bug that appeared when doubleclicking the offline message list without having a message selected
- Fixed a very unlikely bug in the user DB list sorting
- Made ban list sortable
- Increased the width of columns displaying a date, so they display correctly when running the German version on Windows 7
- Changed a column heading text in the German version of the server list
- You can no longer try to delete the up folder entry in the file browser
- Added a button to display all information that is stored about a client in the database (this feature was missing before, because its great power is not officially documented)
- Added buttons to search names, UIDs and DBIDs in the user DB
- Added avatar viewer to the client details
- Added a context menu to the log to copy an entry's message
- Fixed a bug that caused the context menu entry for displaying a client's permissions to work incorrectly
- Changed the version info description of the tool from YaTQA to Yet another TeamSpeak³ Query App
- Added avatar management to the Misc tab for virtual servers
- Fixed a bug that caused the log viewer to fail when an event's microseconds are 999500 or higher
- Added icon management to the Misc tab for virtual servers
- Added an icon list with some features such as uploading new icons
- Changed the the version info at the bottom of the login page to another format
- Added refresh feature to the file list's context menu
- Added a visual icon selection dialog window (it is not used in the permission editor, though)
- Added a context menu to the User DB feature so you can copy stuff
- Added improved user details to the Permissions feature
- Removed font size, alignment and image features from the offline message editor
- Made server list sortable (click twice to switch between sorting by current users and sorting by slots)
- Added “join” button in the top right corner
- The Ban feature of the User DB tab now looks up the UID, which might not be present after using the search of nicknames. The context menu features (except for the DB ID one) also do that.
- Added some missing translations of messages that were introduced in the last version
Version 1.3.0 will probably be the last version for a long time.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from sending messages to their own channel
- If you place a file named yatqa.ini in the application directory, YaTQA will go in portable mode and use this file to save the settings there instead of the file it created in %APPDATA%\YaTQA (the directory or file will not even be created)
- The tool now sends a \n to the server every 5 minutes so it does not get kicked for idling
- Added copy buttons to the avatar viewer's user details
- The icon selector is now used in the permissions editor, too
- Fixed a serious bug in the permissions editor
- Cleaned up permissions editor code
- The icon list no longer loses all the already downloaded icons when adding or replacing some
- Added multi-uploading of icons (not for replacing)
- Added multi-selection in the icon manager (which is only useful if you want to delete icons)
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to click the Delete button in the icon manager if they had a local file selected (these are the first six)
- Changed the order of the items in the file browser's context menu
- Added separators to the file browser's context menu
- Added the file browser's doubleclick function (download or browse) to its context menu, too (named “Default action”)
- Changed hint of the search for name feature of the user DB to make clear what characters are the wildcards
- Added a planned but forgotten feature to resolve all the nicknames of the users found by the database search by name feature (it is automatically done for up to 3 results)
- Removed font size, alignment and image features from the offline message editor (I thought I did that in version 1.2.1, but the change was lost during the transfer of some source files from my laptop)
- Because the client now sends offline messages encapsulated in XML tags, YaTQA was updated to drop XML tags and mind entities.
- Updated hint texts because query users' names (“serveradmin”) are no longer UIDs and therefore cannot be used as a receipient of offline messages (you must use the global ID of the corresponding client, though serveradmin has none and therefore can't receive offline messages anymore)
- You can now enter a username as the receipient of an offline message and YaTQA will try to resolve it
- Added a checkbox to prevent the application of clearing the input box for entering an offline message to send (useful if you want to send the same or similar message to several people)
- Fixed the last column's width in the token list (it was forgotten in 1.2.0)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the tool from displaying the correct message if no client was found in the permission and channel group editor
- Fixed a bug that caused the Swap user function to not update the top bar correctly
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from moving channel in the first layer (without a parent channel, but the server as parent)
- If you click the top-right join button while having a channel selected in the user tab, you now join that channel
- The Details feature is now the default action of the User DB tab, so it is executed on doubleclick
- Added a feature to edit the description of an offline client in the User DB and Avatars tab
- Inverted default sort order of the total connections column of the User DB tab
- Added avatar viewer to the user DB tab
- Increased space for server groups by moving the client's needed view power around
- Added a feature to change a client's needed view power from the client details
- Fixed a bug that prevented the User Details feature from making the icon manager initially display the currently selected icon
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from kicking multiple players at once
- Removed multi-poke, because it is not available, though stated otherwise in the ServerQuery manual
- Moved upload and download of files (not avatars and icons) to their own thread, so the application will not pause while the user is using those features (you cannot switch the virtual server if there is a queue)
- Added progress indicator for file transfers to the bottom left, also featuring a way to cancel the current transfer or all the waiting ones
- Added a feature to download complete folders
- Fixed a bug that prevented multi-upload from working for normal file transfers
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the tool from starting up properly when clearing the port field in the INI file
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ban type combo box from actually affecting what was banned (it always worked like it was on automatic detection)
- Ban fields are now cleared after adding a ban
- Added a way to set a default nickname
- Fixed a bug that displayed a wrong font color after sending a message
no own version number (03.01.2012)
- In the server list, the autostart flag is now translated
1.3.2 (15.02.2012) [DEPRECATED]
1.3.2 and 22.214.171.124 are deprecated for having a bug in the WYSIWYG editor's decoder that might show other text than expected. The encoder is not affected, so chat functions are still working.
- Added a unit to the host banner rotation interval
- Added a way to ignore timeouts during the creation of snapshots
- Changed attribution of the Indy library to be closer to their preferred style
- Added a mininum size (constraints) for the BBcode editor window
- Fixed a bug that caused low-opacity areas in toolbar, menu and list icons with alpha channel to become much darker than expected
- Fixed a possible bug with the BBcode encoder related to left alignment
- Updated BBcode interpretation to match the one that the official client uses from version 3.0.3 onwards
- If all size tags are less or equal to 7, the YaTQA will prompt you to choose between normal and legacy BBcode interpreation. It will, however, always save the normal interpretation from now on, which causes clients with lower versions than 3.0.3 to display incorrect sizes.
- The WYSIWYG editor now moves the cursor to the start after loading a text.
- Added a default button for the channel details
- You can actually refresh channel and client details now.
- Added a feature to select non-standard font sizes
- Fixed slot counting for offline servers
- Added a the overview of the server groups of a client that you can use to put a client into multiple server groups at once
- Fixed minor spelling mistake in the German version's virtual server stats tab
- Consolidated the functions used to format packet counts to strings
- Added new details in the server statistics
- Added a dropdown window for selecting the channel flags
- Added support for the host banner strech settings
- The hint text of the Join button in the top right now appears near the mouse pointer
- You can now see if the server will ask the next visitor for a token (but the query interface does not allow one to change that)
126.96.36.199 (21.02.2012) [DEPRECATED]
- Fixed a spelling mistake in English version (“Database versioon”)
- Added support for new anto-flood settings
- Increased loading priority of WYSIWYG input boxes and the avatar viewer in the Avatars tab
- Added support for new whoami
- Removed renaming of non-online servers
- Renamed host ID to machine ID
- Added a way to ignore timeouts during the deployment of snapshots
- Prevented users from “finding” server ID 0
- Made the application ask the user to increase commands to flood
- Fixed a bug that disabled the log features when running an outdated version of YaTQA
- Added correct effects when using an unsupported server version
- The font size toolbar button now instantly displays the font size selection window when you click it (and not the adjacent dropdown button).
- Fixed serious bug caused by welcome messages starting with a new line
- The server list is now refreshed after creating a server.
- Fixed a serious WYSIWYG editor bug introduced in 1.3.2 that causes the BBcode to be in the wrong order (all content after the last tag was moved to the start)
- Changed datatype of bandwidth properties to UInt64
- Introduced exa and exbi prefixes, because there wasn't enough space for the above change with petabytes
- The kilo prefix (used for packet counters) is no longer capitalized to meet the SI standards.
- Fixed two bugs that caused an incorrect icon to be displayed for anonymous bookmarks
- Updated the executable's version info
- Added hotkey for permission quicksearch
- Added a button to quickly delete the quicksearch
- The permission list does no longer clip the selection at the left end (only visible with Windows Aero enabled) by adding actual icons similar to the icons of expanded folders in the Windows Explorer. The icons were previously dummies only intended to be able to use the indent feature of the list view component.
- Fixed bug that causes the grant editor to always display 100 by default instead of the current value
- Added a way to copy the permission name (PermSID)
- Made swap user the default button if you are already logged in (so connect is disabled and therefore can't be the default button)
- Fixed a bug that displayed an error message when you entered rubish into an input box that expects a number and then click Cancel
- Fixed a thought-to-be-fixed bug that prevented the last 8 permissions list items from showing up
- Fixed bug that prevents permission changes from updating in memory and therefore to not be displayed after using the search
- Added refresh button to instance misc
- Set AskForFailedPermSID to false in “try ... except ... end” blocks, so there are no additional commands issued on a fail in these places
- Where AskForFailedPermSID is set to false, labels were added indicating the status of a command by turning green (success) or red (fail). If you hover these, they display the required permission in a hint.
- Prevented user from deleting unset permissions if a grant was given
- Fixed issue with one info in the version info of the 1.3.2.x series always having a German name
- Added icons to group management buttons
- The permission editor now tries to maintain selection position on search
- The permission editor now tries to scroll to the selection on search
- Fixed effects of missing permissions on editing fixed-value properties (host message and host banner mode)
- Slightly reduced memory usage (the image for Permission tab sub-tabs is only loaded once)
- Slightly increased the speed of the permission editor (it does not try to clean up the list if you have no filter active)
- Did some code clean-up
- Pressing escape in the filter pattern edit box does now clear the permission filter
- Changed the recently-introduced permission editor icons' disabled style to one that is more clear when displayed on dark interface colors (there are no longer shadows within the depicted objects)
- Added support for servergroupautoaddperm and servergroupautodelperm, which was permanently enhanced during the development
- If you enter a permission ID (positive number) in the permission search and press enter, it turns into the correspondent permission's name
- Added a feature to check one's own value for the selected permission to the context menu
- Added a feature to check one's own grant value for the selected permission to the context menu
- Added a feature to use the server's permission list to the context menu
- A feature was added to compare one's current permission list with the server list. If it says that they are different, you can save the list so you can help me improve YaTQA. The feature compares only the actual permissions, not labels (those with the arrow icon on the left), because they don't exist on the server.
- Added kick features to complaint list (please note that they don't automatically remove the complaint and that they produce some command spam by looking up every client's current ID (ClID) on the server)
- The ban feature in the context menu of the clients tab's tree view now uses the ban page for single bans
- Added input window for i_group_show_name_in_tree, i_group_auto_update_type and i_group_auto_update_max_value.
- Added icons for the buttons in the sub-tab for a client's channel group, that were forgotten to update in the last version
- Also added the small arrows to the channel list in the client channel group tab, so the selection rectangle is no longer clipped (which was only visible with Windows Aero enabled)
- YaTQA does no longer log out when swapping the user, as a failed login attempt will automatically log you out
- Slightly improved the performance when filtering permissions by skipping much earlier if the text search fails
- Did some code clean-up by adding useful variable names
- The permission list now stops displaying horizontal scroll bars after changing the tier by re-adjusting the width of the frist column
- Added missing button hint texts for the fifth permission tier
- Added a permission overview feature, which was permanently enhanced during the development
- If you changed the commands to flood with the dialog box at the start, the view is now updated
- Made improvements to the interface of the pseudo-installer by showing the additions to each version
- Joint with branch prior to 1.3.2.x because of the little changes that needed adjusting to work again and the big number of bugfixes (I also think that 1.37 MiB are a too big download)
- Limitations due to outdated server versions are now displayed as a detailed text in red font at the bottom left corner of the instance stats
- Offline servers are now counted independently
- Fixed incorrect version info
- Fixed incorrect year of the used server query manual
no own version number, non-public testing only (05.03.2012)
- Fixed exception handling in the log
- Fixed a bug that prevented the sorting feature of the log from working properly
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect behavior when going back to what the first log entry was
- Fixed issues with the “newer” button
This version was supposed to have a smaller changelog, but the release of the documentation took so long that I had time to deal with a lot minor fixes and improvements.
- Synced the displayed version numbers all over the application
- Added an about dialog
- Fixed possible bug with the counting of offline servers
- Removed buttons for setting the default nickname from the instance misc tab
- Added a settings dialog
- Added the ability to turn off the flood warning
- Fixed a bug that prevented the labels in the bottom right from turning red on an error
- Log lines that cannot be converted are now ignored.
- Added support for 3.0.3-pre-1 permissions (v14): b_virtualserver_modify_temporary_passwords, b_virtualserver_modify_temporary_passwords_own, b_client_request_talker
- Added internal handling for unsupported permissions based on the server version
- Added small icons for the operating system
- Server encryption mode now uses the drop-down box window for editing and displays a named values.
- Fixed a bug that caused useless entries in the version info resource
- Added drop down box window in several places where the user could choose a group (if this fails or you are not connected to a virtual server, you will be shown a simple input box instead)
- Added support for 3.0.3-pre-2 permission (still v14): b_client_avatar_delete_other
- Disabled double-buffered drawing in the main area for testing so it uses Aero effects
- Enabled or re-enabled double-buffered drawing of all list controls because they either draw icons too dark or flicker on scrolling with the scroll bar (using the mouse wheel never causes flickering)
- Added copy buttons to the left part of whoami (the first one does not make sense for a visual client, but it looks bad if only one info that does not have that button), of which the last one does not work while you are not on a virtual server
- If the idle command fails because you lost the connection, you are now disconnected. This is usually the result when YaTQA was running when using Windows's Hibernate feature (suspend to disk).
- Fixed a bug that caused a very strange behavior of the top bar after deploying a snapshot or resetting permissions
- The tool no longer issue a query command to leave the current server after deploying snapshots or resetting permissions since it doesn't make sense (the resulting query command already does that) and causes errors due to a bug in the server.
- Added support for the effects of b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the token list from displaying the name of channel and group the token belongs to
- Fixed a bug when ordering channels within the same parent
- You can now make channels their parent's first child channel even if they were already a child of it before
- Added checkbox to disable the failed permission name lookups in the settings
- Added a button to display all icons, but beware that it spams a lot of queries, takes some time and can't be cancelled
- Fixed a bug that caused error messages to not display in the icon and avatar preview area
- Fixed a bug that caused the avatar and icon preview to not show up when there was an error beforehands
- The error messages to be displayed in the preview area are more generic and shorter, which was done to fit the icon preview.
- Changed the appearance of the border and icon and avatar preview when using Aero
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to edit tokens (without any effect on the server)
- Made several small text changes in the token editor
- Added support for temporary server passwords
- Added missing hint for the instance checkbox when adding a log entry
- Added avatar deletition support (however, it does not seem to work when it should, but raises the correct error when you are missing the permission)
- YaTQA now uses the IP returned by the filetransfer init functions unless it's empty or 0.0.0.0.
- Added an instant effect after editing the settings for the failed perm SID lookup, so you don't have to reconnect
- Added missing handling of editing server group names in the client server groups window (this means you can now edit the group names there)
- The Details button of the client DB list is now initially disabled.
- Made client server groups window's list sortable (note: the sorting key column is synced for both lists)
- Added column autosizing for the lists of the client server groups window
- It is no longer possible to click the create button for servers and bans unless all important edit boxes are filled.
- IP adresses with asterisk wildcards (*) are now supported in IP bans
- Made token list sortable
- I added a very bad workaround to make YaTQA run on Wine. It can be enabled by starting YaTQA with the parameter -winearound. The thing is: Wine does not allow freeing so called SysLink objects which are frequently used in YaTQA (these are the clickable links). Please note that using this option results in memory leaks, but thanks to the little memory usage of YaTQA, this is not really a problem unless you switch tabs for hours. Additionally, YaTQA only uses the workaround for tabs that have SysLinks.
- Fixed minor spelling bug on config tab (English version)
- Since automatic groups are always server groups, YaTQA not longer limits features unavailable to channel groups if only channel-type auto groups are selected
- Fixed some interface texts accordingly
- Fixed some interpunctuation mistakes in the English version
no own version number (18 Mar 2012)
- Added the largely-missing translation of auto group update
no own version number, non-public testing only (19 Mar 2012)
- Fixed the delete avatar feature and enabled it
- Added a refresh button for the avatar list
- Added a button to download all avatars, through its functionality is questionable with the limits caused by the query interface (no extensions, no real names)
- Fixed the log view once more
188.8.131.52 (12 Apr 2012) [POSSIBLY DEPRECATED]
Version 184.108.40.206 will probably be the last version for a long time.
- Greatly increased GIF compatibility
- Set KeyLabel for selectable permission values
- Default button for shutdown feature changed to no
- You can now ignore running file transfers when closing
- Default button for deleting servers, deleting groups, snapshot deploy and permission reset changed to no (but left as is (yes) for deleting files, channels and icons)
- Added icons for message windows but permission level info and client's database details
- Add platform logo for client details (both places)
- YaTQA shows the last permissions when swapping back to a permission type that was already accessed before.
- Added support for TSDNS (can be found on the left pane of the Home tab)
- Reduced memory usage caused by an unnecessary instance of the settings windows
- About and settings windows can now be closed by pressing Esc.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from sorting the server list by slots when any query clients were connected to virtual servers
- Several buttons in the permission view are no longer disabled every time you switch the permission mode
- Made small text changes to the installer
- Added Wine mode to installer
- The Wine mode now affects the about window.
- Changed color of password protected channels in the tree to orange (like in the official client)
- Full channels are now shown with a red icon in the tree
- Added Android icon
- Added FreeBSD icon
- Added OS placeholder icon
- Platform icons only appear if a platform was recognized.
- Unified method for finding the correct OS icon
- Changed display of build numbers of client details
- Added support for temporary server password with channel passwords (early 3.0.5-pre)
- Added support for IPs directly in the tree view (late 3.0.5-pre)
- Added missing translation for the close warning while file transfers are running
220.127.116.11 (22 Apr 2012) [POSSIBLY DEPRECATED]
This is a hotfix release. Because there was no space in the installer for the “b” in 18.104.22.168b, I had to add some features, though.
- Added a bunch of Wine-related tweaks, merely for testing
- Added support for 3.0.5 anti-flood properties
- Did some code clean-up for the virtual server stats and virtual server properties tabs
- Fixed a bug that possibly prevented the file transfer process from continuing after errors
- Evaluated the possibility of using Segoe UI under Windows NT 6, but dropped the feature as texts take too much space we don't have
- Added folder upload
- The display of the file that is currently processed is no longer delayed by a second.
- Fixed some bugs that prevented display of upload progress
- Fixed some bugs that hid the effects of a cancelled upload process
- Added missing translations for the new image download and display error messages introduced in version 22.214.171.124
126.96.36.199 (05 May 2012) [DEPRECATED]
This version is deprecated because the snapshot deployment does not work no matter which button you click. I'm not sure when this was introduced.
This version finishes the Wine mode, so the visible behavior of it is nearly perfect. Don't forget that it all still depends on several workarounds. The most important of them is still the one that disables the memory management in some places, so don't switch tabs again and again for hours. From this version on, the Wine Mode is detected automatically by checking for HKCU\Software\Wine.
- Added buttons to the bans tab to get info on the banned person (for CLUID bans) and the ban invoker
- Added a message when the version could not be detected, saying that YaTQA will assume the most recent version
- You can now set timespans (durations) in natural language (where the natural language is the language of your version of YaTQA), e.g. “1 hour, 5 minutes”. However, seconds are still valid.
- Finished cosmetical changes for Wine
- To fix a bug in Wine that prevents bold text from being displayed correctly, the WYSIWYG editor now uses DejaVu Sans in Wine mode
- Changed layout of the settings window
- Created a new memory management from scratch, so tabs (“frames”) but client/channel details are reused but (with the exception of User DB and Icons) refreshed on repeated access (this needs more memory but is faster if you switch back to frames that you already used earlier, however, switching the server discards all tabs but the first 4)
- When changing duration-related properties, you are displayed the previous value in natural language (up to weeks only, due to the fact that year and month are ambiguous and hard to calculate back to natural language) and can enter natural language
- Added explantation to the settings window, telling you what an empty default name results in
- Added settings for the Wine mode to the settings window
- Added auto recognition of Wine
- Added explantation of the prefixes for groups in the permission editor
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when changing settings without being connected
- You can now swap users with bookmarks.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect user to be displayed in the top bar when swapping the user failed
- YaTQA does now ignore database empty result set errors, however, the behavior was not tested entirely, but should be OK.
- Possibly fixed bug that could prevent users from adding people to certain server groups
- Added refresh button to the file transfer list (though its position looks kinda ugly, but there was not too much space to the right of the list)
- Added duration editor for multibans from users tab
- Added multiban feature to the complaints tab
188.8.131.52b (04 Jul 2012)
This is a hotfix release.
- Fixed a bug that prevented shortening of long host messages
- Added a feature to look up and edit all server group memberships when you select a member of a server group in the permission editor
- Fixed a bug that enabled the incorrect member list buttons when selecting a new server group
- Changed the text of the server group window to say that it only affects groups of the currently selected server and query groups
- Fixed a bug caused the the selected group to get unselected when cancelling the command to copy a group
- Fixed several bugs when deleting groups
- Reselect last group on addition of a new group or overwriting an existing one
- Readded snapshot deployment, which was accidentially removed in the last version
- Fixed some display bugs without visual designs
- Updated permissions to the newest version of server 3.0.6-pre1 (v15?)
- When connecting to a new server, YaTQA assumes it to be most recent again until it gets a version response.
no own version number (04 Jul 2012) [DEPRECATED]
This version is deprecated because its workaround UTF-8 decoder is not working as intended.
- Used XE2 compiler, increasing the file size but removing the increasing number of false-positive detections
no own version number (04 Jul 2012)
- Fixed UTF-8 decoding bug, caused by using a workaround that is incompatible with XE2, but also unnecessary
184.108.40.206c (31 Oct 2012)
- Entities in log entries are now unescaped.
- Added option for improved XP Unicode display
- Changed description text for temporary passwords (server versions released in October no longer require a server password to use the default channel feature of temporary passwords)
- Fixed spelling bug in the version fail message in the German version
- Added info to the German description of the main component in the installer saying that the language is actually informal German
no own version number (1 Nov 2012)
- Used 2009 compiler again, reducing the file size and increasing the compatibility with Korean characters on some computers, as there are no longer false-positive detections of the 2009 compiler anymore
220.127.116.11 (12 Dec 2012)
- Channels are now permanent by default.
- Fixed bug that inverted which info message was shown when deploying a snapshot: If a server was selected, it said you would create a new one, else it said you would overwrite it.
- Added my support TS IP to the about dialog
- Added button for refreshing the server groups in the permissions tab
- After renaming or copying server groups, YaTQA selects it again.
- Fixed a bug that refreshed the server group list even when canceling the server group copy feature
- Fixed a bug that swapped template and non-template server group selection dialog
- Fixed a bug that caused the default channel group selector to ask for a server group instead
- After deleting a group, you cannot delete/copy/rename the deleted group anymore.
- Fixed a bug that prevented any error messages from being displayed when adding a channel group token failed
- Displayed supressed error messages again where they were only supressed as a early workaround for the new database empty result set handling.
- If the sender of an offline message cannot be resolved, the sender’s UID is now prefixed with “UID: ”.
- The avatar viewer now hides the image info of the previous image if it fails to download or display the new one.
- If downloading (not displaying) fails, the corresponding error message is now displayed for icons and avatars.
- You can now resize the Icon Manager.
- Fixed possible memory leak when downloading all icons
- Added option to disable refreshing for existing tabs
- Added support for the six NetPBM image formats (PBM, PGM and PPM)
- Renamed Instance tab in the Settings to Application and (due to missing space) Wine Mode to Wine.
- If the download of an avatar image fails, it can now no longer be saved.
- The Users tab's tree view is now affected by tab refresh
- Support for NetPBM images was added to the open picture dialog. This feature is for Windows XP only, as YaTQA uses Windows’ open picture dialog if your Windows version has one (like Windows 7), which does not support NetPBM (at least not by default).
- Added feature to use local timestamp and adjusted a lot of labels
- Added permissions of the 3.0.7 October 24th releases (v16): b_channel_create_private
- Added support for displaying the channel_private_flag (I have no idea what it does and also cannot set its value)
- Added tree view auto update
- Added buttons for channel server groups to client channel groups tab
- Added a feature to refresh channel and channel group definition used in the client channel groups tab
- If you change the channel group in the client channel group tab, the guest group can also be pre-selected.
- If you could not retrieve a server list from a 3.0.2+ server, YaTQA will now ask you if you wish to go to your home server
- Changed the label for the origin server in the instance misc tab to also use the term home server, which I think is better
- Changed the Global ID label in the right box in the instance misc tab to say that it’s displaying the server ID (and nothing related to the client
- Reduced memory leaks in Wine mode
- When you go to another instance, all tabs but the login tab frame are removed from memory
- Removed trademark field from version info
- Created a selection window for the security level
- Fixed rare problems with understrokes in shortened text containing ampersands
- Fixed possible crash bug related to string shortening (though I doubt this could actually cause a crash)
- Fixed a bug that caused the permission reset feature to not display the “No server selected” message when no server is selected, but when the user clicks the warning message box’ “No” button...
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the icon manager from selecting/highlighting the currently selected icon
- Added support for xbm to
YaTQA andthe open picture dialog (see above)
- Updated color name table to match client version 3.0.0 (I obviously made the previous list 4 days before they changed it completely), leading to these changes:
- Added W3C colors:
- Updated colors to use W3C definitions over X11’s:
gray > gray
green > green
grey > grey
maroon > maroon
purple > purple
- Removed all colors containing numbers as well as:
- Added W3C colors:
- Added [hr] button to the BBcode toolbar
- Used the term user over the term client in several hint texts
- Fixed a bug that caused changing the channel in permission overview to display the client channel permissions instead
- Updated tab order in permission and channel groups tab
- The server groups button will now be disabled when you delete a client from a server group.
- Fixed bug that caused the channel list to be empty in permission editor mode 4 (channel group)
- Added more buttons to the permission editor
- Fixed bug that displayed an incorrect list in the permission overview
- Changed hint to the server group member server group list feature to say that you can also manage the groups, not only view them
no own version number (12 Dec 2012)
- Added some missing translations
- Added a missing colon to some English text (I forgot where...)
18.104.22.168b (14 Dec 2012)
- Fixed small spelling bug for the German error saying that the interval is invalid (not sure if this actually exists...)
- Added support for xbm to YaTQA (it was forgotten in the original release of 22.214.171.124, which only added it for the picture open dialog on Windows XP)
- You can now save icons as PNG if you don’t like the original format
- Disabled save button for default icons and failed downloads
- Added automatic file extentions (based on file content) for downloads from channel 0
- Added “avatar_” prefix to mass downloaded avatars
- Added multi-download to icons
- Fixed format recognition for XBM and XPM
- Added support for the new permission list (December server build required)
- Updated permission tree (v17)
- Added support for Opus
- Fixed possible bug caused by unknown codecs
- Disabled double buffering in the codec selection window
- If you switch to a new virtual server, the permission view is now cleared
126.96.36.199 (02 Jan 2012)
- The cursor is now changed to a waiting one during queries, non-threaded file transfers and TSDNS look-ups
- The left toolbar is now adjusted before frames are created. Because it does not refresh before the frame is loaded, the left toolbar now appears right when the frame does and is no longer delayed until the frames was successfully filled with information. This could also lead to the problem that the toolbar might not be adjusted at all if some non-ignored error occured.
- Created a new drag cursor that looks like the Windows 7 Aero ones
- YaTQA will now use the Windows “No” cursor instead of a custom one.
- Created new permission editor toolbar icons (with alpha channel)
- Fixed a bug that doubled avatar file transfers
- Used grayscale compression to recompress several images
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user info button from being enabled in the permission overview
- Added F2 hotkeys for the channel/user tree view and file list in the Users tab
- Fixed a bug that the function creating the dropdown channel lists – althrough requiring a channel list response as a parameter – queried the server itself again
- Added option improved channel dropdown menus when running Windows 7
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect indent in the channel dropdown menu when the last subchannel had a subchannel
- Fixed a bug that caused the Local Time and Frame Refresh settings to not take effect until restart (and be reset if one attempts to change the settings again without restart)
- Added a delay of 1 millisecond to the server group window, so the header width now actually auto-resizes right after startup (during startup, the window isn’t visible yet, so the auto-resize feature doesn’t work)
- If you do not have a token selected, the Use feature will now work but ask for a token. I tried to add this feature for global use, but even Query Group tokens cannot be used globally, not even by global accounts like serveradmin.
- Fixed a bug that prevent users from changing the server groups in the client details
- After changing the server groups in the client details, the page is refreshed
- Added support for X PixMaps (only XPM1 is supported by TS, so does YaTQA)
- XPM2 is no longer recognized as a valid file format
- Changed the icon replace warning to say that clients will have old versions cached
- Ampersands are now escaped in the top bar, as non-escaped ampersands will cause the next character to be underlined
- Checked complete English translation and made some minor changes
- Broadened the start screen, so you get more information on your bookmarks
- Added a new “Did You Know” box, answering frequently asked non-basic questions
- Added rename hotkey to the server list and the bookmark list
- Fixed a bug that prevented the graphics loader from raising errors that could be handled
- Added rename hotkey to the server group window
- Bookmark list columns now autoresize after adding bookmarks
- Fixed a bug that prevented ampersands from being escaped (and therefore underlined) in non-shortened (single-line) texts
- Suppressed error when disconnecting
- Forced refresh for users tab
- Changed labels for online users to say “Online since” instead of “Last visit”
- Added PayPal donation info to About dialog
- Color resolving is now case-independent for BBcode and XPM
- Added preview feature for images stored in channels
- This new preview feature is now the default action for doubleclicks on suitable files
- Fixed incorrect recommended client version in the About box
- Updated copyright years to 2011–2013
- Fixed bug that could prevent the avatar viewing feature in the user database list from working
- Understood and added support for connection_filetransfer_bytes_sent_total and connection_filetransfer_bytes_received_total
- Added editing features for the server template that is used to create new servers (note that the date of creation is actually the time the instance was started plus a little delay)
- Added failed file transfer percentage
- YaTQA now logs the user out before logging in another user (Swap User feature), because logging in the same users without logging out first will not reset the currently selected server
- Added support for custominfo, customfind (dropdown menu, as all DB features now) and tokens with custominfo
- The channel selector for creating a channel token is now disabled after a refresh when the previously selected channel is missing
- This is the final release, as I have no ideas left. There will still be bugfixes and feature additions if there are nice suggestions, as well as adjustments to new TS3 server versions. I want to thank everyone who provided feedback.
no own version (07 Jan 2012)
- Fixed a bug that caused non-optimal resizing of the image preview window
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from using natural language for ban durations
- Possibly reduced CPU usage for drawing the left menu
188.8.131.52b (27 Feb 2013)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the permissions feature in the client context menu from pasting the client ID in the input box
- Fixed a bug that showed an error when an offline message was sent to an UID
- Adjusted offline message composition tab order
- Fixed a bug that prevented changing the security level
- Changed rendering strategy of the sidebar
- If you try to use an offline server, YaTQA will ask you if you want to start it instead.
- YaTQA previously displayed the context menu in server view depending on the selection. Because right clicks somehow manipulate these, right clicks are no longer handled, except for this new feature:
- You can now move a selection of only users to a channel by right-clicking on a channel.
- Fixed a bug that caused BBcode editors to create size tags if your are using a Windows theme with bigger fonts, even where size tags are not allowed.
- After adding a log entry, the log only refreshed if the instance mode matches
- A new log downloading strategy was added. Instead of displaying only the log items received in a single query, it is now cumulative. However, the “Newest >>” feature if there would be a gap to the old data.
- Added log search feature
- Added log export feature to original TXT, unescaped TXT and HTML
- Fixed a bug that caused the context menu to be unavailable for log files
- Fixed a bug that prevented offline messages’ message text from being displayed
- The log viewer does no longer try to unescape Entities that aren’t codepoints
- Icons are no longer downloaded while they are being deleted.
- Added a filter feature for the 4 log levels to the bottom of the search box
No own version (28 Feb 2013)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the log viewer from displaying error messages
- Fixed a display bug with the sidebar when displaying the initial information on these tabs failed:
- User/channel details
- Removed useless function of the file transfer client object
- Fixed a bug with the permission editor not being set to its mode when it fails to initialise the tab
- Removed some invisible interface objects for two feature that have been planned at some time but proved infeasible
- Fixed a bug where the join feature would not work with full channels
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from joining channels with non-ASCII characters
No own version (01 Mar 2013)
- Rearranged settings dialog
- You can now enable the use of tray icons in the settings. Please note that “Always Show Tray Icon” only means that the tray icon is visible even when YaTQA is not minimized. It will not bypass Windows’ tray icon auto-hiding.
184.108.40.206c (10 Mar 2013)
- Fixed a bug that in very rare cases could lead to incorrect context menu in server tree view
- Fixed a bug that sometimes displayed the user move context menu on leftclicks
- The right pane of the Users tab is now only displayed if the selection is not of mixed types.
- Added editing multiple users’ special talk power and icon
- The file list box is now only visible if only one channel is selected
- Changed icon of the message window telling the user to change the channel order in the tree view from error (red circle with white “X”) to information (blue circle with white “i”)
- Added message window when trying to edit the channel name in the Users tab, saying that the name can be changed in the tree view
- Two links in the channel details on the Users tab do no longer include the colon
- Added notice that the user count per channel and family is not refreshed on Drag’n’Drop
- Added the official Opus presets to codec selection
- You can now edit channels in the Users tab and even multi-select will work. If you always wanted to use Opus but are afraid to edit so many channels – well – now you can. Please note that codec latency is not loaded and always set to the minimum.
- Disabled setting the unlimited flags in the Channel Details subtab as it causes a prblem with database integrity
- Setting the channel slots in the Channel Details subtab now sets the unlimited flags accordingly, as does the newly-added feature in the Users main tab
- Fixed incorrect client version date
220.127.116.11d (13 Mar 2013)
- Offline message composer does no longer incorrectly say it that would only accept UIDs, as it also accepts names
- You can now send offline messages to database IDs
- Made channel selector in the Permissions tab a little bit wider, due to the request by a user
- Unified user finding (e.g. when adding a user to a group) to add support for selecting a user from ambiguous (shared) name search results
- Changed the “(opt.)” note in the labels on the login screen to “(optional)” as people got this wrong (which is literally not “optimal”).
- In permission overview, unset permissions now have an arrow facing right instead of bottom-right like the others.
- In permission overview, integers are now green and booleans yellow. They were both hot pink before.
- Slot counts are now calculated to reflect D’n’D changes.
- When setting a new default channel, the property is removed from the former default channel.
- Fixed a bug that caused the icons in tree view to not be update upon setting a new default channel
- Fixed wrong version in installer
no own version (28 Mar 2013)
- Changed icon of the message telling the user that the version could not be retrieved from error to warning
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from using the font size feature in channel descriptions, and instead did not fix the bug that added [size] tags elsewhere when the Windows theme wasn't set to the default size
no own version (31 Mar 2013)
- Moved “reload groups” to tree refresh menu and renamed that button
- Replaced “reload groups” button with a feature to select stuff matching certain criteria in the treeview
- RedeemerTS3 is no longer based on IdTelnet and is therefore no longer busy-waiting for a thread. This might get YaTQA to run natively on 64-bit operating systems. (Update: No, it didn’t. Screw Indy, or Delphi, I don't know.)
no own version (13 May 2013 – unreleased)
- Replaced some apostrophes with the typographic ones (English only)
- Clicking cancel in the server tree view’s Select dialog does no longer hide the file list.
- Swapped the last two host banner aspect ratio settings
- Fixed complaint list by swapping the data in the last two columns
- Added support for 18.104.22.168 serverinfo variables
22.214.171.124e (15 May 2013)
- Added support for saving multiple snapshots at once
- Added a button allowing the user to create a new folder when downloading multiple stuff
126.96.36.199 (02 Jun 2013)
- Made donation adress clickable
- Added resources for upcoming update feature
- Adding named links via the rich edit toolbar does now also recognize any link including “://” as a link, not only ones starting with “http://”.
- Re-added unnamed link to the rich edit toolbar, as links posted by QueryAdmins are not automatically linked
- The tool does no longer leaves a server when opening the snapshot creation window
- Added progress counters to snapshot creation
- Slightly changed some texts in log context menu
- In the log feature, you can now also copy the log messages of multi-selections.
- You can now also copy the timestamp and the raw line of a log entry
- Fixed a lot of potential bugs when an error occurs while renaming servers in the server list
- After downloading snapshots, your custom nickname is now set
- Added server renaming feature to the snapshot creation window
- Added missing hint to the ban list’s refresh button
- If you are already on the first server to backup, YaTQA does not switch to it
- Added Cancel button to “no timeout” confirmations for both, snapshot deployment and creation (single mode)
- Updated version info
- Make server list sortable during snapshot creation
- When editing a client’s permissions, users can now sort the lists (which is the same for both) by clicking on the right one’s header. Previously, only the left one could be used.
- In the same window, descending sorting is no longer bugged.
- Fixed behavior of multi-snapshot window when no serves are running by displaying an error message instead
no own version (unreleased)
- Fixed a bug that prevented mass-exporting snapshots for servers with special characters
no own version (unreleased)
- Added server comment feature
- Removed unnamed link button caption
- Icon cache
- Notes for the icon cache feature:
- The feature can be enabled in the settings. A restart is required.
- There is also option to only use icons from the server you are on.
- Icons must have the correct filename (matching their CRC32) to be cached. Using the icon replace feature in YaTQA produces icons with invalid (non-matching) names, so do other tools that generally use random names (e.g. Psychokiller’s web interface).
- Icons must have the correct file size to be loaded.
- Notes for the icon cache file format:
- The file is named icons.res and is located in the folder with your yatqa.ini.
- As always, JN-GAMES tries to use known formats instead of inventing new ones. Therefore, YaTQA’s icon cache feature uses Microsoft’s Compiled Resource File Format. This format is fully linear and can be written from start to end, as there is no header for file count and archive size.
- The old 16-bit version of the format is used for performance reasons (only Ansi filenames, no additional properties per file, no 4-byte fillups for data and names).
- There are very few applications that support this old format. One known example is Visual Studio (at least the 2010 Version supports YaTQA’s icon cache), which however does not recognize the file format of the items inside (because the groups are not named after their actual file format but after the server UID).
- It was originally planned to use the resource name (which can be either a string or “ÿ” followed by a Word) as Word type for the lower two bytes and the subsequent flags for the higher two bytes of the DWord icon name. Storing custom data in the two flag bytes or setting the highest bit of the resource name Word keeps Visual Studio from loading the files. Therefore, the name is stored as a string instead, which needs more performance and space.
- Added whoami fallback if serverinfo fails
- Added support for Windows Aero Glass (there is also a legacy option in the settings that makes the tool look nearly like before)
- Removed bookmark save warning from tab change (changes don’t get lost here since the new tab system that has been in place since ages, so clicking “no” simply had no effect)
- After mass-creating snapshots, the frames are now reset. Using the feature after viewing the template server’s configuration/“statistics” previously hid all actual statistics.
- Removed creation date from statistics tab for server templates, as this value is no longer set in current server versions (in previous versions, it was the instance start time)
- Clarified the label of the username edit box in the settings dialog
- Fixed a bug that caused the channel icon selection to default to the talk power (lol!) instead of the previous icon
- As some clients from the United Kingdom seem to return GB while other return UK as their country, the flag has been duplicated
- Fixed a bug that allowed replacing default icons
- Fixed a bug that caused an unused instance of the treeview selection window to be in memory
- Single snapshot creation and deployment now also use YaTQA’s Snapshots folder
- Instead of saving an empty string after deleting the comment of a server, the entry is now deleted.
- The default button for the confirmation when deleting channel groups is now “No”, like it is for server groups
- The following features are now locked and must be unlocked in the settings in order to use them:
- Changing the query port
- Deleting server groups ≤ 5 or channel groups ≤ 4
- Removing user 1 (serveradmin) from server group 2 (Admin Server Query)
- Limited length of query port box
- An update finder has been added. You can either click on it on the left or your can enable automatic checks in the settings. If the automatic updater finds an update, an information will be displayed in the status bar until dismissed by right or middle clicking on it. Left clicking on it will guide you to the download page.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when cancelling the folder upload dialog
- You can also copy the IP adress of a user in your User DB to the clipboard using the context menu.
- Your custom nickname is now set after creating snapshots.
- There is now a button to select all users in the Select window.
- In the icon sub-tab, the save button is now enabled when a selection is made by holding Shift.
- In the icon sub-tab, the delete button is now disabled when default icons are selected, and the
- Added a workaround for a bug in Delphi that did not display transparency when replacing icons
- Re-added handling unwanted disconnects, which became broken in the March 31st update
- If bytes 3, 5, 7 and 9 are 0, a snapshot file is handled as Unicode (in this case, 0 and 1 should be BOM and 2, 4, 6, 8 “hash”, but that’s not checked). If not, it is handled as UTF-8 instead. Therefore, the YaTQA snapshot feature can deploy snapshots created with the TS3 backup scripts. However, YaTQA does not produce valid snapshots for the TS3 backup scripts to deploy, so YaTQA snapshots must be deployed with YaTQA.
- In the channel tree view, users are now sorted by their talk power and – if that doesn’t make a difference – their name by default. This does however change if you move them around. (?)
- Fixed a bug that refreshed the channel list box in the Permissions tab even when you cancelled creating a new group
- Added a workaround so the combo box gets the focus when copying a group
- After adding/copying a channel group, the channel group combo box now returns to its previous item like the server group combo box does it since ages.
- Fixed a bug that enabled channel group token creation without having a channel group selected
- Made the OS icon function support the new name for Mac
- Fixed a bug that prevented people from adding a ban by natural language in the Bans tab
- Moved italic toolbar icon slightly to the right
- Fixed a bug that caused the channel-related checkboxes in the “Selection” window to have incorrect indent
- Fixed a lot of spelling bugs in the English version.
- Added command line switches:
- -d: Starts only the TSDNS resolver
- -p: Starts only the permission file editor
- -s: Reserved for SRV resolver
- -i: Starts only the icon cache
- -debug: Forces RedeemerTS3 to write anything it sends and receives to RedeemerTS3.log (note that TS3 uses LF CR for line-break, which is unsupported by most text editors)
- Fixed incorrect description and data of a box
- YaTQA now uses banclient instead of banadd for banning single current users
- Fixed a bug that prevented UIDs from being handed over to the bans tab
- Fixed a bug that caused a bug when you were missing permission to create temp passwords
- Added percentage to virtual server slot count
- On Advanced tab, the four URL-related properties now pop up a menu where you can choose to either visit or change that link (if property is set)
- Added Tree View Popout to Users tab
- Moved the Refresh Dropdown in Users tab a little bit up, so that doubleclicking the Refresh button basically refreshes the tree instantly
- Added user tree selection rules for server and channel groups to the selection window, which can be used to “kick all guests” and “leader meetings”...
- Changed the label for the server IP on the login screen to no longer say “IP” (because DNS also works) and to say that no port must be entered
- Fixed empty INI keys
- Server names now get cached when you join them. Previously, all servers of the server list got cached, too, but one must have joined the server to view it's icons, so that made no sense.
- Fixed a bug that prevented thousands dividers for newly-uploaded icons from being displayed (man, use PNG for icons, so icons don't get that big!)
- Added IPv6 support (seems like it’s non-DNS only), however, the TS3 server doesn’t support IPv6
- Fixed disconnect detecting
- Added hint to Select... and Popout button in users tab
- Added default permission names for the unambigious first 13 permissions (marked with a question mark, so you still know if permget fails)
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from changing the current user to anonymous
- Failed permissions now display their permid even if a permsid is available
- Fixed empty error message when entering an empty duration
2.0-pre (07 Dec 2013) [SLIGHTLY DEPRECATED]
2.0-pre is slightly deprecated for having a relatively high number of bugs. None of them is really serious.
- YaTQA is now in limited Freeware mode by default. This means that you will need a registration to use more than 12 servers.
- Completed icon collection
- Fixed spelling bug in German version
- Added donation button to home startbar
- Added register button to about dialog
- Improved recognition of duration terms with international characters (affected neither German nor English)
- All UID-related columns are now sorted case-insensitively (previously, this was just being mixed)
- Improved sorting of columns that have international characters in their values
- Finished permissions editor
- A possible display bug of the About dialog in Wine was fixed.
- Completely changed how YaTQA reacts on failing to receive a server list, with the intention of making the tool easier to use for people with limited permissions
- The log filter is now case-insensitive.
- Input boxes for ban durations now recognize the following words: infinite, indefinite, unlimited, permanent.
- Added new Wine workarounds:
- Like in early (Windows) versions of YaTQA, permission toolbar buttons now have only one or two letters on them when in Wine mode.
- Worked around missing transparency of the topbar labels. This is by far not perfect, but it's at least readable now.
- Fixed debug output when using server permission list
- If you hover the server build (instance statistics tab), the status bar display the Unix timestamp of that build (or the actual incremental build number for very old versions)
- Added version selection for people with neither "Use server's permission list" nor "versioninfo" permissions
- Added avatar upload
- Fixed a spelling bug and changed some texts related to CSV import/export file filters
- Fixed a bug that caused the permission overview to display total bullshit if used with different servers without a restart in the meantime
- Fixed a lot of memory leaks
- Possibly fixed some more bugs by moving global veriables to local variables
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Ctrl+F hotkeys from working if a Log and a Permissions tab were active at the same time
- Changed default text (when unfocussed and empty) of the filters for permissions and log entries to actually say “filter” instead of “find”
- Added global refresh hotkey (F5)
- Added channel tree search function [needs to be tested]
- Added Find Next (F3) for this function
- Fixed memory leak that occured when working with icons with invalid checksums
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to access MemoryStreams that did not exist when accessing icons with invalid checksums
- Saving all icons now takes Icon Cache into account [testen!]
- Permissions can now be imported from files.
- Fixed a lot of stuff related to permission import and export
- Increased drop down count in permission editor from 8 to 15
- You can now reorder your bookmarks.
- Removed my TS3 server link as I don't think that complies with the NPL anymore and therefore will stop support via TS3
- Icons for booleans were added to the permissions tab. In order to fit with the German word for “No” next to it, the indent (which is by concept the same as the image width) has been decreased from 16 to 13. As of now, this will not be added to the permissions file editor to avoid confusion with the checks on whether to include a permission’s data.
- Channel password edit is now disabled if server version was released before April 3rd 2012 (~3rd 3.0.5-pre1)
- Changed labels at the bottom of the instance Statistics tab to only say if the server version is older than supported and/or or limits the functionality
- You can now select which server version you want YaTQA to handle the server as
- Copying the last IP of a user in the User DB does not longer need a query
- Fixed a bug that could cause an exception when copying an IP adress in User DB tab
- Fixed a bug that could cause copying User DB details to fail
- Added a feature to copy User DB descriptions
- If User DB was last used to search, changing tabs does no longer drop the search results
- Log file HTML exports now include the server's local ID in their title
- Added User DB export features (CSV/HTML), if the User DB doesn't display search results
- Added some explanation to the permission import window
- Fixed strange bug with the popout feature
- Fixed position of channel topic info in channel details
- Allowed “infinite” as an input for channel delete delay
- Added a link to my Twitter account, which you can use for support now that support via TS3 had to be dropped
- Updated tips and tricks
- Added buttons to copy server version and build
- The channel private flag is now only displayed if the server supports it
- Added new channel properties to the channel details
- Fixed a bug that caused the icon replace feature to be available for default icons if selected a default icon immediately after it was part of a multi-selection
- Added new channel and client properties to the Users tab (badges/Overwolf property is display on suitable servers if the client is no query client)
- Added new client properties to the client details (note: client_version_sign is in the version label’s hint)
- When hovering the avatar boolean (Yes/No), the statusbar now displays the (expected) MD5
v2.0-pre2 (05 Feb 2014)
Version 2.0-pre2 will probably be the last version for a long time. I am working as a high school teacher for at least 5 weeks now and am writing exams, too. After that, I might be travelling again. Limitations to support will be announced separately.
- Added SRV resolver
- Added a notice what the YaTQA support is meant for
- Fixed a bug that prevented checks for booleans in the permission editor from disappearing
- By default, it resolves both, TSDNS and SRV. If you are running Windows NT 6.0 and up, you can decide which one to resolve. The required UI feature for this nice dropdown thingy is sadly not available in Windows NT 5.
- Added features to edit bookmarks
- There has been a complete rework of the resolver feature. It now does what the TS3 client does and gives you an impression where errors might arise from. I’d like to thank PotaBlava and Barungar for their help and patience.
- Popout can now be resized in width
- Fixed a bug that caused the popout to be cleared more often than intended
- Popout can now be set to be topmost
- Fixed a bug that prevented the file transfer controls (except for the text) from appearing
- Added warning when adding clients to Admin Server Query, as this is not recommended
- You can now change the view mode of the user database between two modes: One with activities, one with descriptions and IPs
- You can update multiple users’ descriptions at once now
- Enabled multi-select for the avatar list
- Added additional button for deleting (multiple) avatars, which required shorter captions on the other buttons
- Changed „Set Avatar...“ hint to say that also non-home server avatars can be set, if the server knows you (TODO: check whose filesize limit is used: the target Guest’s or yours on your home server’s)
- Removed useless resource
- Added escaping for CSV and HTML when exporting user databases
- Updated Copyright year in about box
- Updated version info
- Support for skins has been added. To create your own skin, grab the YaTQA Skin Creation Kit and get started.
- Fixed a bunch of ugly graphic glitches if no themes are enabled
- Fixed incorrect hint of port box when creating a server
- Server name defaults to empty
- Added feature to take server name and slots from the template and adjusted hints
- The settings box for the default groups is now removed from advanced tab when in template mode. That feature was confusing, because default groups could also be set in the instance settings. However, only there it was actually effective. If used with 3.0.2 or later, the gap is filled by the anti-flood box, if not, it is left blank, because no other box fits in there. Possibly the first and seconds row will be swapped in the future, but seriously, who’s using server version prior to 3.0.2 right now?
- Fixed a bug that could break the token list until another server is selected if the user did not have permissions for the feature
- Like icon cache list, mass snapshot creation, icon and avatar list, all lists now memorize their sorting settings until YaTQA is closed
- Added virtual use support (Windows NT 6.0+: use arrow next to select; all Windows versions: hold shift)
- Fixed virtually used servers’ icons (they were displayed as online, thanks to bad documentation)
- Instance stats can be set to refresh automatically
- In the server groups window, server groups now have icons (if cached)
- Fixed a lot of bugs related to permission import
- Fixed a bug that caused the server groups management window’s left pane to stop being drawn
- Virtual server stats can be set to refresh automatically
- If you rename a group, you will now start with its current name (useful if you only want to fix a typo)
- Improved behaviour after renaming a channel group
- Fixed redundant queries in permission overview
- YaTQA now suggests a filename for your permission exports
YaTQA 2.0 (18 Apr 2014)
YaTQA Pro (formerly YaTQA 2) is planned to be a special version of YaTQA available to donators (which makes it pay-what-you-want software).
The idea of making a non-free version of YaTQA is pretty old. There will be one difference compared to the normal YaTQA (except for the unlimited number of virtual servers) which is the console feature. The console allows you to send your own commands and use passive mode (reading events). All other features included in this version will be available to to everyone.
YaTQA 2.0-final is to be released on April 10th, which is three years after the start of the project. Contrary to this announcement, YaTQA 2 was released 8 days later because I was in Spain and the hotel's Wifi was way too expensive. Looks like people wanted to make some money before roaming fees will be forbidden by the EU.
- Fixed spelling bug in German register text
- Added setting for default phonetic nickname
- Added a button to instance stats tab that returns all strings from the log’s “Accounting” channel within the first 2 Kilobytes (resulting in your license info)
- On Wine, fixed white background, as it's no longer necessary I think
- Fixed link labels being clipped off initially on Wine
- Cleaned up old sidebar code
- User tree is now case-insensitive
- Fixed multi-icon exports having no dot between filename and extension
- Fixed multi-icon exports having capital extensions
- Fixed a possible bug with multi-icon exports causing access violations
- Added workaround for a bug that caused the image on the popout button to be initially missing on Windows XP
- Removed duplicate TApplicationEvents object (invisible change)
- Did cosmetical changes to the server license info message (removed spaces, added a note that the info dates back to server start, capitalized first character per row)
- Added global rename hotkey (F2), which is not new for most lists (it's new e.g. for a user's channel groups list)
- Added more compliance with RFC 2782:
- IP addresses are not a valid SRV result.
- CNAMEs are not valid when pointed to by an SRV record.
- If more than one SRV TSDNS record is returned, each of them is queried for TSDNS (not just the last)
- Fixed possible small memory leak in the resolver
- Fixed a bug that prevented instance log add from working
- Added autostart server count
- Added secret feature for becoming an invisible query ghost
- Added binding list viewer
- Added hint to whoami refresh button
- Added "Self" features, even though they make no sense for query clients
- Added autostart slot count
- Fixed incorrect property name for priority speaker dimm modificator
- Added support for default temporary channel delete delay
- Added file transfer statistics to instance stats (this number, as the server returns it, is not included in the voice data displayed in front of it)
- Selection dialog now has group icons
- Features exclusive to YaTQA Pro:
- Unlimited virtual servers: As in the previous version, YaTQA Pro drops the virtual server limitations which restrict the number of virtual servers per instance to a maximum of 13.
- Custom commands: YaTQA Pro allows you to send your own commands. It includes auto complete for commands, a command list, and displaying the syntax/parameters of each function. Input is easy, as you can fix spelling mistakes and can escape text by simply selecting it and hitting Ctrl+E. While stile being available in raw form, results are displayed in a list by default. The list groups the sets (originally divided by pipes) and the error line. Previous commands can be recalled with arrow up and down.
- Passive mode: You can now subscribe to events. These events are displayed in text form in the console. Just like custom commands, they can be viewed in list form or copied as raw text. Therefore, YaTQA can now be used to chat with people, too.
- Ghost mode: Become invisible for everyone (including yourself). Some features will not be available until you log out or swap the user. TeamSpeak guys may be unhappy that this has been found out, so it might get removed in the future.
- Fixed a bug with displaying channel groups as a origin in the permission overview
- Fixed a bug in the channel file list, caused by an incorrect comparision that started renaming nearly all the time, but not when it was actually wanted to
- Added using the -all parameter for serverlist for evaluation if it helps anyone who has broken his machine ID
- The icon list is now refreshed after uploading stuff from your icon collection.
- Added F2 hotkey to all lists where items can be renamed
- Added warning if your permission system is too new (so you need to update YaTQA or download it from the server by rightclicking the list box in the permissions tab)
- The User DB feature now uses the -count switch of the clientdblist command to determine if it has fetched all items instead of comparing the number of results to the maximum of 200, which might be inaccurate for extremely slow servers.
- Added blacklist checker feature (this is a separate feature on the login screen and is not checked each time you connect with YaTQA)
- The resolver no longer tries to lookup empty results via DNS.
- Changed about box to display only the link the to the support website.
- When donating via the PayPal link, your order now includes a language code so you get your key e-mail in the appropriate language. Keys are of couse valid all languages, it's just because of that e-mail.
- Fixed incorrect copyright year in the Logo's hint
- Updated “Did you know?”.
v2.0b (19 Apr 2014)
- Removed (funny and always German) debug message, that I think would not appear at all.
- Fixed file transfers
v2.0c (28 Apr 2014)
- Fixed overlapping RedeemerTS3 version (English version only)
- Added command line switches “-a” (connect to default server) and “-c Hostname Port Username Password” (connect to this server).
- Updated “Did you know?” accordingly.
- Changed snapshot and mass snapshot encoding to UTF8
- Save Channels (feature hidden for hotfix release)
- Fixed missing translations
- Fixed ping being rounded incorrectly (to two digits before instead of behind the dot)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the answer feature in the console from switching to the RichEdit input type
- Fixed semaphore bug with servercreate
- Fixed possible bug with channelcreate
- Fixed incorrect autostart counting
- Possibly fixed possible/random bug with snapshot (only non-mass?) creation and deployment with timeout disabled (because this bug is random, you can never be sure to have fixed it)
v3.0-rc1 (22 Jul 2014)
- Added recording flag to self menu
- Accessing the console history moves cursor to the end
- Added note to the registration window saying that it is case-sensitive
- Notification subscriptions are now kept after closing the console window
- Added note to the registration window saying where to take name and email from if these are not given in the mail (this sometimes happens if I cannot send an e-mail from my notebook)
- Permission file loader no longer tries to set b_channel_join_ignore_password if in channel permissions mode.
- Completely overhauled the client server groups window
- Added note about that window's limitions (prior to 3.0.6) to the server version window
- YaTQA now asks you for the filename before asking the server for the snapshot
- Progress is now always shown before the time-consuming part of each loop
- Added global Escape hotkey to cancel loops (like it has been in place for downloading all icons since years)
- Changed all progress texts of loops to say what they are doing (like the mass snapshot one already did) and how to cancel
- Fixed the alternative-style channel list not being used everywhere
- Fixed memory leak when updating channel dropdown lists in the permissions tab (this memory leak is super-unlikely)
- Swapped the middle two icons in instance misc because they made no sense
- Channel restore added
- Many internal changes for the server tree
- You can now rename yourself in server tree
- If renaming someone or something via the server tree fails, you are now shown the error message
- Fixed a bug that caused writing to an incorrect position in memory when editing the default channel flag in the server tree, causing MaxFamilyClients to either display incorrect numbers or causing an access violation
- Reduced leaks in Wine mode
- Fixed the fix for counting autostart server slots
- Ghost mode is now available to non-serveradmins
- Added access to virtual use mode for limited users
- Added starting and stopping in the virtual server statistics and removed the error message that originally appeared there instead
- The bottommost three boxes on the virtualserver stats tab are now hidden if the server is running in virtual mode
- I added note that you must not send messages to my PayPal address. It's for PayPal only.
- Did some testing about channel_needed_subscribe_power in channel list and channel details and changed the label accordingly
- The main form's sidebar item and the donation link in the about box now use the same link
- Removed note from the token list frame, saying that you need a server version newer than October 2012 (because everyone should have one right now)
- Chat messages in console can now be send with enter (hold shift for new line).
- Fixed a bug that prevented deleting channels if they weren't on the same layer and had been selected from bottom to top (click the last channel and hold Shift while selecting the first one)
- You can now connect to DNS resolver results.
- "Ignore repeats" no longer affects text messages
- Added "Browse files" button to settings, allowing you to go to the application data folder of YaTQA
- Fixed some duplicates and other stuff in primarily the English "Did you know?" hints
- Added global copy/save (Ctrl+Shift+C)
- Added "Add members to selection" feature to context menu in server tree view if you already have people selected
- Registration window can now be closed by pressing Esc.
- YaTQA now ALWAYS tries to "use" servers virtually, because normal "use" causes a strange "server not running" error if the ID was invalid
- Added highlighting of server status in the virtual server stats tab
- Added global find feature (Ctrl+Shift+F)
- Fixed a possible infinite loop when searching in the server tree without permissions for channellist
- Added file list fullscreen feature, allowing you to easily browse through your channels’ files (this also causes YaTQA to show the file list after selecting a channel)
- Filter feature hotkey (Ctrl+F) now calls global find feature (Ctrl+Shift+F) if the tab doesn’t have a filter feature
- Added server status icons to the mass snapshot window
- Increased default size of the mass snapshot creation window
- Added context menu for selection management features to the mass snapshot creation window (all, online, invert, none)
- Mass snapshot creation now works with non-online servers.
- Fixed some bugs related to virtually online servers when adding stuff to instance log or renaming other servers
- Added channel selection by certain criteria (permanent flag, seconds empty, name)
- Added "set all permissions" feature to set all permissions of a group (unset, grant, whatsoever)
- Moved all remaining non-interface functions in published declartions to public (non-visible optimization change)
- YaTQA now saves your Sort Settings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented clicking the columns from being effective for the new server group list.
- Added IDN support based on a lot of testing (I know this makes no sense at all, but YaTQA’s DNS resolver is only meant to visually show what TS3 does in the background)
- A: PunycodeEncode(AsciiLowercase(x))
- SRV: UTF8Encode(AnsiLowercase(UTF8Encode(AsciiLowercase(x))))
- TSDNS: UTF8Encode(AsciiLowercase(x))
- Thanks to Barungar for providing the DNS feature testing environment
- Added IDN support to blacklist checker
- Added IDN support to YaTQA
- The file list now highlights previewable images by displaying a picture of a cat on the icon. (It’s the same cat that randomly appears on my English website. I originally wanted to use the squirrel instead, but that’s even harder to see.)
- Made selecting channels by name case-insensitive
- Fixed the SRV resource record’s "decidedly unavailable" feature, which never actually worked because of a small mistake in YaTQA and a serious bug in Indy – both of which are now fixed
- Thanks to Barungar for providing the DNS feature testing environment
- Fixed a bug that caused an error message when dragging and dropping a bookmark in the empty space at the end of the list
- Fixed a bug in the user database export window that caused the items of the column list to appear clipped while being dragged
- When sorting the column one wishes to export form the user database, the checkbox of the target item is no longer unchecked
- Fixed a bug that caused an error message when dragging and dropping a user database column in the empty space at the end of the list
- Fixed a very rare and random bug that displayed the server note input box for a fraction of a second during startup
- Fixed possible access violations when editing channe codecs in server tree (Users tab) caused by incorrect pointer type
- Changed icon of the message box informing the user that no custom info has been found from error to information
- Passive server tree update has been added to the Pro version. Please keep the following restrictions in mind:
- While this feature is active, some channel and client properties are unavailable because they are not sent by the server (this not of course only applies to the Users tab, because no properties are displayed in the popout window anyway).
- All non-query clients will be shown with the generic dark-blue circle because no client-related notifications but channel switching (including entering and leaving the server) are sent by the server.
- Changing of server name will only be handled when subscribed to in the console (because this event is neglegible, passive refresh does not subscribe to it).
- Single-channel subscriptions (a result of clicking "Ignore" in the warning message) are not supported and have limitations (e.g. deleting the subscribed channel’s parent channel will not fire a notification that the subscribed channel has been deleted).
- Updated registration info text to state...
- that you must provide your company’s name and country on the ATHP list for free registration
- how to have your license issued on another name than your PayPal name
- what bonusses are included with your donation
- Dragging and dropping clients in the tree retains the original TeamSpeak order
- There is now a "Permission Comparision" feature that lets you compare the permissions of server groups, clients on the server, channels, channel groups, clients in a channel and client permission overviews.
- Added a feature to load, save and clear the user-added permissions being compared (there is only one file) (Vista and up)
- Added a feature to clear permission comparision targets (Vista and up)
- You can now remove permissions
- You can now remove targets
- Icon cache only writes its file if it was changed
- If you are missing permissions to receive the number of the default server and instance groups and previously (without restarting) were on a server where you got them, YaTQA would hide groups matching the old IDs in some lists where default groups make no sense. This was now fixed.
- All Columns containing numbers are now aligned to the right
- Permissions you are already comparing are no longer included in the dropdown list when adding a new permission to comparision – but you can still enter its name to add it again
- Moved "Set all permissions" to the center of the screen
- If permission mass editing (importing or multi-set) is done, the list is now refreshed
- Disabled the question if you want to select all items when copying lists for those without multiselect
no own version (unreleased, 24 Jul 2014)
- Fixed a bug that prevented moving channels below a channel with the same parent channel
- Realtime update mode: Existing non-query users’ icons in the tree are now limited to a generic icon like users who join after realtime mode is enabled.
no own version (30 Jul 2014)
- Fixed a bug that broke the local server note feature.
v3.0-rc2 (unreleased, 03 Aug 2014)
- Fixed a bug that prevented errors from being displayed if creating a server fails
- Updated some texts that were incorrectly stating that the server creation autostart checkbox determines whether the server is started right after creation or not
- Fixed a bug that caused all links in the about box to direct to the PayPal donation page
- Added a note that using tokens while being serveradmin is a bad idea
- Fixed a bug that caused Windows-1252 characters outside of ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) to be displayed incorrectly in the English version.
- Removed query manual version from login screen, due to a lack of both, space and notability
- Added interval refresh to log
- Removed unused icon and replaced it with a duplicate of another icon in preparation of a future update
v3.0-gamma (06 Nov 2014, afternoon GMT, 1234 KiB)
This version (as well as 3.0-gamma2 to 3.0-gamma4) can only be used in 2014, because there were so many changes that I want you to download bug fixes. Because there was a feature that wasn’t yet implemented, I am planning to release a new version anyway, which should be very soon.
The English version of this release is deprecated because the translation data is corrupted.
- All icons used in the program were updated.
- Fixed small spelling mistake in English version's Instance Misc tab
- Add multiple permission to permission comparison
- Added 5 seconds timeout limit to blacklist checker
- The icons in the permissions editor and client channel group list are now colored.
- The button in the permissions editor and client channel group list now display icons when using Wine.
- Fixed the Overwolf status not being displayed in the client details tab.
- The popout button now shows the icon even when using Wine.
- When editing BBcode, the position of the window's buttons now matches all other windows (buttons are now in the center with the OK button on the left).
- The first ban list column's caption was changed. Maybe this better explains what the icon says and that clicking the column will sort by the icon first.
- A button to copy bans was added (first column's text only). This has already been in place with the global copy feature, but the new button should be easier to understand.
- CIDRs are now considered an IP (useful for adding bans in automatic and the new mode)
- Added multi ban feature (right button of the ban target input box)
- Global find and global copy were added to: Custom command/event param parser (Pro feature), comparison multi permission adding. It was not added to server group dialog and select dialog (for use with the groups) because I don't want people to have thousands of groups. ;)
- Global find now searches all visible columns (instead of only the first). You can make YaTQA temporarily skip a column by resizing its width to 0.
- Added dropdown menu to the user db ban feature to ban IPs and CIDRs
- Fixed "Abstract error" or access violations when closing the console and disconnecting
- You can only have one console open at a time now, because multiple ones never worked and were never meant to work
- Added banning a user DB user’s name
- Global search can now be set to match or ignore case
- You can now make YaTQA download all items of user DB and log (Windows XP users use Shift+Click)
- Improved "Load More" button hint (and changed German caption because of limited space)
- Added importing and exporting of bans (note that importing non-permanent bans is a little tricky, as the original durations start when you import the bans)
- Added default values for manual and port-based server selection
- If YaTQA cannot set its default nickname because it is already taken, it appends a "1" until it can change its nickname
- Added a feature to import permissions one by one and report errors (only works for permissions that will be set, not for those that will be deleted!)
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to try to unnecessarily delete unset permissions while importing a permission file
- Added unselecting would-be duplicates when adding permissions to comparison
- Added warning to multi-permission-set when a filter exists
- Changed that functions wording from "Group" to "Cluster", to not be confused with Server and Channel Groups
- Added progress to downloading all icons
- Made sure all features with a progress reset the progress after being done
- Added "Delete All" feature to permission list
- Added a feature to compare permission saved as a file
- You can now set a default virtual server (by port)
- Updated -c command line parameter (for compatibility reasons, this is the last parameter)
- Updated "Did you know" accordingly and have it state that credentials are also optional
- Multiban progress now displays what is currently banned (this is not possible for ban import)
- Added progress display and cancel feature to channel import
- Added progress display and cancel feature to channel editing
- Added progress display and cancel feature to client editing
- Temporary password list now refreshes on tab change if one cannot view tokens
- Clarified last column of the server group window (German version only?)
- Added group overview (the two boxes can be resized by you)
- Added window for easier viewing and editing server group members
- Icon manager code cleanup
- Fixed the settings window's tab order
- Fixed the "Miscellaneous" tabs' labels being clipped off in Wine
- Added find and copy features to client server group window
- Added progress display and cancel feature to ban removing
- Added context menu to WYSIWYG editor
- This menu also offers the new features "Copy Unformatted" and "Remove Formatting"
- Added workaround for a bug that causes lists to fail to display PNG images with full-alpha palettes
- Added copying permission values
- Fixed possible crashes with mass permission editing and mass permission deleting
- Removed number unread messages from client details, as this is no longer supported from server side (since ages)
- Added IP lookup to client details (no space on server tree :/)
- Fixed a bug that prevented global find from working in the custom command result window
- Enabled skin suport for bitmap-type images
- Fixed a bug that prevented the global find next hotkey (F3) from working in other tabs than server tree
- Added global find hotkey wherever it was previously missing
- Fixed a bug in cluster permission editing that allowed entering a boolean value if one was editing grant permissions
- Performance improvements for cluster permission editing
- Icon selection window can now be closed by pressing Esc
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when rightclicking an empty file list
- You can now keep ban input boxes from being cleared by holding Shift.
- Updated hints of manual and port search buttons on the servers tab, as these are no longer presented to people without list permissions
- Fixed possible bug with license info feature
- Fixed a frequent error with many user actions in the server tree
- Added number of ban enforcements to the ban list (this took so long because I previously didn't know what it was)
- Escape and unescape features in the console are now disabled if nothing is selected
- Console command history can now be cleared
- Console command history is now saved and restored (commandhistory.txt)
- Added progress display and cancel feature to deleting users from DB
- Improved label of the multi snapshot server list
- Added max width of 300 to multi snapshot server list
- Made CIDR more beautiful
- Added better debug for passive tree update
- Added feature to edit multiple servers' properties at once
- Mass snapshot creation progress now displays the server name
- Fixed incorrect icons when clicking a client when in passive tree update mode
- Fixed a very important bug in tree mode passive update
- Added saving ban reason
- Made received parameters window's column headers visible to make them resizable
- Changed the way the channel icon is changed in the channel details, because of a serverside data corruption bug
- Added a note that sent/received/upload/download is from the server's point of view
- Fixed important bug that prevented creating template and query server groups
- Added mass saving/restoring server and channel groups
- Fixed auto refresh copy/paste text error in log and instance stats tabs
- Auto refresh duration inputs now default to the last value
- Added mass editing permissions to User DB
- Added mass editing permissions to server tree for channels and users
- Because of a serverside data corruption bug, channel icon editing in server tree is now permission-based
- Added file transfer list auto refresh (defaults to 5 seconds, because it that seems to be the time a transfer is displayed even after it is finished)
- Log auto refresh can only be stopped if it is active
- Added editing multiple users’ server groups in user DB
- Added editing server groups in server tree
- Fixed possible memory leak in mass kick
- Fixed possible memory leaks in mass messaging
- Fixed memory leak when moving selected clients to a channel
- Fixed memory leak for the select feature
- Fixed possible memory leak when selecting stuff in the server tree view
- Fixed memory leak when finishing a server tree drag and drop action
- Fixed possible memory leak when starting a server tree drag and drop action
- Added editing multiple users’ server groups in server tree
- Permission editor now always starts in a new process if you did not copy a foreign server's permissions (in that case, you are shown the message box just like before)
- Added progress to the user DB's name and custominfo search
- DB and UID searches no longer try to sort the list because their result is unique (neglegible performance improvement)
- When mass-importing groups, name conflicts are now solved on per-type basis (types are template, normal and query)
- Added saving/importing temporary passwords
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Edit voice port" in the bookmark context menu from being disabled if nothing is selected
- Allowed creating a non-subchannel if a channel is selected
- Fixed a bug that prevented "Delete displayed permissions" from working
- YaTQA no longer clears the permissions of new groups created by the group mass import feature before adding its permissions if all of the following permissions would be set anyway:
- b_group_is_permanent (channel groups only)
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the ban list from updating after you added a ban
- Fixed progress in status bar not being cleared after finishing the following actions:
- Many actions in server tree
- Deleting people from the database
- Importing temporary passwords (new feature anyway)
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from cancelling TSDNS lookups (as a workaround, a message box is now displayed if successfully cancelling which requires you to hold Esc for some time like all actions that can be cancelled)
- Added note that you can cancel DNS lookups by holding Esc
- After cancelling a lookup progress, you can no longer close the DNS resolver by pressing Esc
- Added a note to IP bindings feature that this is for co-located servers only
- Changed all progress texts to tell you to hold Esc instead of pressing it because YaTQA waits for pending queries to complete
- Changed some menus to use title case like the others do
- Added support for Planet TeamSpeak REST API, meaning that you can view a graph of your client client for the past up to 31 days (selectable) if weblist reporting is enabled
- Aero setting now defaults to false if you are not using Windows NT 6.0 (Windows Vista) or 6.1 (Windows 7), because Aero in Windows NT 6.2 (Windows 8), NT 6.3 (Windows 8.1) and NT 6.4 (Windows 10) looks ugly in my opinion
- This version of YaTQA is limited to run in 2014, because there were so many important changes, that it cannot be guaranteed to be entirely bug-free. Please check for updates frequently.
- Added locating IP addresses to User DB
- Added TS3Index UID search to User DB
- Added TS3Index UID search to Client Details
- Bookmarks with the username “serveradmin” now have a different icon (businessman with a tie) than those with any another name (man in a blue shirt)
no own version (06 Nov 2014, evening GMT, 1233 KiB)
- Added a note saying that a server must be on the weblist for at least 15 to 30 minutes for the stats feature to work
- Fixed English translation
v3.0-gamma2 (09 Nov 2014)
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from multi-editing
- Added count to the top right corner of the User DB tab
- Added FAQ link to the Home tab’s sidebar
- Fixed some English spelling stuff
- Changed all menus and buttons to title case
- Updated some setup descriptions
v3.0-gamma3 (19 Nov 2014, afternoon, 1,270,896 bytes)
- Fixed instance stats always using kilopackets instead of choosing an appropriate prefix
- Adjusted “file traffic since start” illustration to show a small “Play” icon instead of the previous clock icon (virtual server Statistics tab)
- Moved “Date and Time” box in instance Statistics tab to the last row
- Moved “Current Upload” and “Current Download” boxes in instance Statistics to the first row
- Moved “Transferred Data and Files Since Start” and “Transferred Packets Since Start” boxes in instance Statistics to the second row
- Split the “Transferred Data and Files Since Start” box in instance Statistics tab into “Transferred Data Since Start” and “Transferred Files Since Start”
- Fixed a bug that prevented the virtual server statistics’ three bottom row boxes from being hidden during template mode
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Refresh button from moving up if those boxes are hidden (these were independent bugs...)
- Skins can now adjust the app’s background color by including a interface\tabbar_background.png file with a greater height (currently, the window is 600 pixel high, but this will be changed in future releases).
- Note: The Skin Development Kit will be updated later. Actually, I don’t think anybody is actually using it. If you do, please tell me.
- Added pie charts for most statistics (as in the icons, download is blue and upload is green)
- Added a note how to edit the server template’s groups to the virtual server statistics tab, because this is being asked again and again (it is not possible to add this feature to the server template mode, because the server doesn’t support any permission-related features without having selected a server)
- Fixed default group stuff not being updated internally (e.g. for hiding the Guest groups in dertain windows) after changing it in the Advanced tab
- For the User DB search feature, added a Cancel button to the message box asking you if you want to resolve more than 3 results
- For the User DB search feature, if you press Esc while found names are being resolved or if an error occurs, the remaining ClDBIDs are still displayed.
- Added searching for people who are members of a certain channel group in a certain channel to the User DB tab
- Added an option to save the window position which is disabled by default (hold Ctrl during start to reset the position if Window is out of sight)
- Fixed three unlikely memory leaks in WYSIWYG editor
- Added mass changing channel groups to Users tab
- Made small text improvements in primarily the German version
- Added the instance Statistics tab’s note that the statistics are from the server’s point of view to the virtual server Statistics tab, too
- Changed the logo
- Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect value when editing a virtual server’s bandwidth limits
- Unified file traffic stuff for virtual servers’ Statistics and Client Details tabs (instance Statistics tab was alright)
- This also fixed a bug with the file tranfer since start being displayed incorrectly.
- Added the instance Statistics tab’s note that the statistics are from the server’s point of view to the Client Details tab, too
- Client idle and online time now also use bigger units than minutes.
v3.0-gamma3 (19 Nov 2014, evening, 1,270,894 bytes, English only)
- Fixed missing translation for the new hint on server templates
v3.0-gamma4 (08 Dec 2014)
- Removed properties that only have an SDK use
- Updated server version window
- Note: Legacy server version support will most likely be removed in 3.0-final
- Added option for Windows 7+ jump lists displayed on the start menu’s right side and when right-clicking the taskbar button (this option is disabled by default, because I don't want to modify your system without your consent)
- Added -s parameter for the statistics window, which has an optional second parameter for the IP
- Fixed incorrect syntax suggestion for
- Improved syntax suggestion for
- Fixed a bug that could cause strange icon cache behavior if one had two servers with UIDs that only differ in uppercase/lowercase
- Fixed a bug when deleting the most recent icon from the icon cache
- Fixed a bug that could prevent people from selecting a server if an invalid icon file has been uploaded (those icons are now deleted, but you have to option to save them first)
- Fixed a bug that caused the icon cache to cache invalid icons
- Fixed a bug that allowed uploading invalid icons
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to refuse to delete invalid icons
- Improved parameter help to say the range of
clientftfid(which is Word, meaning 0-65535)
- If the TSDNS does not know a query, the returned
404string will now cause TSDNS to fail with “Error 404: Unknown server” and no longer query DNS A RR for “404”.
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to hang for some invalid IP:Port combinations (YaTQA will stop the connection attempt if no connection could be established within 5 seconds)
- This has also been fixed for file transfers, as well as (if firewall is improperly configured) user stats and update checker.
- In the window that lists idents/values from the result of commands and events, you can now doubleclick a line or press F1 to see what the value represents (YaTQA Pro).
- Date: build, host_timestamp_utc, virtualserver_created, virtualserver_min_client_version, start, end, client_created, client_lastconnected, timestamp, created
- Duration: instance_uptime, virtualserver_uptime, serverinstance_serverquery_ban_time, serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time, duration, seconds_empty, client_idle_time, bantime, channel_delete_delay
- URL (open browser): virtualserver_hostbanner_gfx_url, virtualserver_hostbanner_url, virtualserver_hostbutton_gfx_url, virtualserver_hostbutton_url
- Host message mode: virtualserver_hostmessage_mode
- Server group ID: serverinstance_template_serveradmin_group, serverinstance_template_serverdefault_group, virtualserver_default_server_group, sgid
- Channel group ID: serverinstance_template_channeladmin_group, serverinstance_template_channeldefault_group, virtualserver_default_channel_group, virtualserver_default_channel_admin_group, cgid, client_channel_group_id
- Channel ID: tcid, cid, pid, channel_order, client_default_channel, token_id2, cpid, client_channel_id, order, token2
- Unique ID: uid, cluid, client_unique_identifier, invokeruid
- Permission ID: permid, p
- Client database ID: cldbid, client_database_id, invokercldbid
- Message (WYSIWYG output): msg
- Client ID: target, clid, invokerid
- Message target mode: targetmode
- Codec latency: channel_codec_latency_factor
- Codec name: channel_codec
- Country (view ISO 3166-2): client_country
- IP (view Flagfox details): connection_client_ip, client_lastip
- Version (view build date): client_version
- Token type: token_type
- Custom sets (stuff escaped twice): client_badges, tokencustomset
- Client type: client_type
- Icon: client_icon_id, virtualserver_icon_id, channel_icon_id, iconid
- Avatar: client_base64HashClientUID
- Reason ID (notifications): reasonid
- Security level: virtualserver_needed_identity_security_level
- Encryption mode: virtualserver_codec_encryption_mode
- Host message mode: virtualserver_hostmessage_mode
- Host banner resize mode: virtualserver_hostbanner_mode
- Permission tier: t
- Group type (template, normal, query): type
- Virtual server ID: sid, virtualserver_id, client_origin_server_id
- This feature does not work with idents that can contain different types (especially token_id1 and token1 for notifies).
- This feature does not support booleans, integers and strings, as well as idents that are only returned alongside all information this feature could give you (currently ports and server filetransfer ID).
- If you are missing support a certain ident, please let me know.
- Adding people to Admin Server Query must now be confirmed even in the user server groups management window
- Removing “serveradmin” from a group must now be unlocked even in the user server groups management window
- If you press Ctrl+Space now while typing a custom command’s parameter value which represents some sort of target, YaTQA will display a list of possible targets to select from (YaTQA Pro).
- Unique ID (online clients only): cluid
- Client database ID (online clients only): cldbid, tcldbid, fcldbid
- Client ID: clid, target
- Channel ID: cid, id, cpid, tokenid2, tcid, order
- Server group ID: sgid, ssgid, tsgid
- Channel group ID: cgid, scgid, tcgid
- Duration: duration, time
- Server ID: sid
- Permission SID: permsid
- Permission ID: permid
- Server group auto update type: sgtype
- Message (WYSIWYG editor): msg
- Offline message ID: msgid
- Ban reason (select from ban reason history): banreason
- Ban ID: banid
- Server file transfer ID: serverftfid
- Codec: channel_codec
- Token: token
- Temporary password: pw
- Security level: virtualserver_needed_identity_security_level
- Encryption mode: virtualserver_codec_encryption_mode
- Host message mode: virtualserver_hostmessage_mode
- Host banner resize mode: virtualserver_hostbanner_mode
- This feature does not work with parameters that can contain different types (especially tokenid1).
- This feature does not support booleans, integers and strings, as well as parameters whose enums are already in the parameter help.
- If you use this feature with an unsupported parameter, you get a window that allows you to enter a string that is automatically escaped when you hit “OK”.
- Some detail windows shown by this function have OK and Cancel buttons, because I did not make whole new windows for this feature
- If you are missing support a certain parameter, please let me know.
- Fixed a bug that displayed the incorrect prompt for selecting a channel group to compare
- Added two more pie chart styles for you to choose from
- Added drag and drop of files to upload
- Note: Drag and drop to download files is not possible because drag and drop with files that do not exist on your local system requires the installation of a Windows shell extension on a computer. I do not want to modify your computer that much.
- Hints now use the native Windows appearance (for example, they are now rounded)
- Filesizes and bandwidth now start with the next prefix at 1000 instead of 1024, so we never get any “1,023.42 KiB” which takes too much space in many places.
- Fixed a bug with pebibytes not being displayed
- Fixed a bug with petapackets not being displayed
- Fixed a bug that caused the permission editor to update the current file name when the open dialog was cancelled
- Fixed a bug that caused the value selection for
permsidto do stupid things (YaTQA Pro)
- Changed the function for
- Added undocumented array syntax for
- Added undocumented syntax for
permsids (YaTQA Pro)
v3.0-gamma5 (29 Dec 2014)
This version can only be used in 2014 and January 2015, because there were so many changes that I want you to download bug fixes.
- Fixed Close buttons in icon collection and DNS resolver
- Added second parameter to “-d” to supply a hostname
- If the initial server version lookup fails due to a non-server error (usually because of a timeout, e.g. when using an invalid server), other commands are no longer sent and the original error message is displayed instead
- Fixed a bug that prevented hints from appearing
- Changed corrupted icon warning message to always show a positive number
- Added support for natural language durations to the following permissions
- Fixed a bug that could cause permission overview to influence whose client channel permissions are updated
- Fixed access violation in permission overview when right-clicking an item that doesn’t have a name (this is the case for most of the items in permissions overview)
- You can now view your own grant permissions even when in non-grant permission overview.
- Fixed a bug with sorting the user DB by IP address (for this bug, you would need to have users in your database that haven’t been online since you installed a server version of at least 3.0.8, whose first beta was released on July 26th 2013, so this bug is rather unlikely)
- Because the number of datasets causes bad performance to the console’s result viewer, the corresponding warning is now displayed when more than 100 datasets are to be displayed. Previously, this message was displayed when there were more than 1000 idents.
- Added an option to this warning message to disable grouping items by dataset (this is extremely useful for
permissionlist, as the server also returns the dataset numbers)
- Added an option to group your user database by server groups (users with multiple groups appear multiple times, users in the guest group do not appear at all)
- When changing the server groups of multiple users in your database, the popup menu now appears below the button.
- Added progress display and cancel key to changing descriptions users
- Fixed a bug that hid the number of client database entries when refreshing the list from start, causing several small bugs
- Fixed missing translation in server version overview
- Removed year from complaints
- Fixed a bug where closing formatting tags in chat text sent from the console could be clipped off if
- Added features to stop people from complaing (either by making their target immune) or to
- Added client info features known from the ban list to the complaint list, too
- Added auto refresh to complain list
- Added auto refresh to ban list
- Fixed text bug that always asked the user about the tree view refresh interval, no matter what was to be refreshed
- Added “What’s This Value?” support for the client notifies’
- After taking actions against complain targets, complaints are now deleted
- Added flag for South Sudan (SS) (this was supposed to be added in 1.0.0, but forgotten; I don’t know if there is actually serverside support)
- Fixed column selection for database exports being untranslated
- Added a selectable pseudo-column for exporting server groups along with clients
- Added an option to only export selected database entries
- Added a note about the
logappend=1parameter/INI command to the server license info
- Fixed important semaphore deadlock when losing the connection (this means YaTQA should no longer be able to hang)
- Added user chart features to the bookmark list’s context menu
-bparameter for the blacklist checker (you can also provide an IP address or DNS)
- Moved blacklist checker from the Login tab itself to the Login tab’s sidebar
- Added blacklist check for bookmarks (context menu)
- Blacklist checker now supports non-ANSI Unicode which is automatically converted to Punycode
- YaTQA now expects you to have Segoe Print (the font used for local server note) installed when running Windows NT 6.
- Made global message input box slightly bigger
- You can now resize the main window (donation bonus feature). Preparing for that, some buttons were moved around (most of them were already moved in 3.0-gamma), because it is not so easy to center more than one button (which is now always the Refresh button).
- Opening console no longer brings the main console out of view (previously, this bug could only appear on extremely small screens with a height of less than 768, but with the introduction of variable height, this becomes more likely to appear).
- YaTQA no longer tries to save its size when minimized (I don't know if this caused any problems in YaTQA, but I know that Notepad++ has this bug).
- Fixed a bug that caused the prompt to save your bookmarks to only appear when the Home tab was selected
- Changed label in Messages tab to say that sending messages to a DBID is also supported
- Fixed comparing channels - again
- Also fixed comparing channel groups
- Added an option to display both, IP/Description and Activity (this is available to non-Pro users, even if it doesn't make sense)
- In User DB tab, last username and UID now both have dynamic width (instead of UID only)
- Added a note about registration bonusses because some people didn't know about the bonus features
- Fixed a bug that made "Set Cluster Permissions" available during permission overview
- Fixed a bug that repeatedly asked the server for server and channel group list for each permission overview requested by the users, as long as the corresponding tabs have not been visited yet
- Channel save/restore now supports channel icons (please note that backups that were created with older versions in fast mode do not contain icons)
- Added parameter selection support for icons (DWord-type virtual servers and channel settings only, but the latter is bugged on serverside)
- Adding icons now also adds them to the icon cache
- Adding icons now also displays them in the list (previously bugged because of incorrect size reported by the server, which is not fixed in this context)
- Doubleclicking an icon in the icon collection now works like clicking OK
- Fixed a bug when selecting a new channel icon that caused the default icon to be the last viewed client's icon
- When selecting an icon, the previous icon is now scrolled into view
- Fixed bug that prevented exporting a list to a file
- Resizing the token and group list tabs now keeps the height ratio the two boxes have to each other
- Fixed the Settings window’s “Show Folder” button
- Added a sub tab for the command
- Made sure all tab orders are correct
- Cut some pictures to reduce filesize and memory a little
- Added browsing your local TS3 client’s
cachefolder to the server list’s context menu
- Added browsing your local TS3 client’s
chatsfolder to the server list’s context menu
- Note: While these are technically HTML files, TeamSpeak fails to save any sort of header and footer (so new stuff can be added easily), causing browsers to assume an incorrect character set (Windows-1252) instead of UTF-8 if the first non-ASCII character is is not inside the first 1 or 2 kibibytes.
- Fixed possible bug that might have been able to prevent YaTQA from loading the icon cache if the server stats tab looked up the server UID using
whoami(more likely this bug did not exist)
- Removed redundant call for
whoamiwhen manually selecting a port or server ID
- Fixed misspelled app name in the invalid icon message (German only)
- Downloading icons now tries to use your TS3 client’s cache first if file size and filename (=CRC32) match
- Note: The TeamSpeak client appears to be converting non-16×16 icons to centered 16×16 PNG (center position is
⌊16−size⌋), causing file size and CRC32 to mismatch. Therefore, even if you have all icons of a server cached in your client, YaTQA might still have to download some icons.
- Note: The TeamSpeak client appears to be converting non-16×16 icons to centered 16×16 PNG (center position is
- Downloading avatars now tries to use your TS3 client’s cache first if file size matches (and you are using the Avatars tab, because viewing a single avatar only doesn’t give YaTQA a clue on the file size prior to using
- Some parts of the program now consider
serveradmina client UID
- Added a feature to the User DB’s context menu to search for all saved chat logs for a certain user (
might not work as welldoes not work on Windows XP)
- Added a feature to the User DB’s context menu to view the chat log of the selected user(s) on the current server
- Added a feature to the server list’s context menu to search for the logs of your chats with a certain UID on the selected servers
- Increased time limit to include January 2015
- Improved the description of
- Improved hint of the “Self” button, which now says it needs you to be on a virtual server
- Improved the description of
- Improved hint on PayPal fees
v3.0 (08 Jan 2015)
YaTQA 3.0 will most likely be the last version for a long time unless you have a good suggestion or TeamSpeak releases a notable update. Right now, everything from the wishlist was implemented.
- Fixed access violation (and missing update of the displayed information) when mass changing channel codec and codec quality
- Fixed bookmark header spelling mistake (English only)
- Fixed a bug in Users tab that caused an incorrect details pane to be displayed when you first had a mixed selection and deselected items for a selection of only one type (because for some reason,
TTreeView.Selectedreturns the focussed item (with the dots around) instead of a selected one)
- Fixed spelling mistake on the Advanced tab’s Edit Multiple Servers checkbox (English only)
- I investigated in the fact that chat log search does not work on XP at all (despite Microsoft saying it would just be limited). I did not find a way to open search with a certain term at all.
- Added an option to highlight banned users in the User DB tab (this does not support regular expressions and is saved)
- In User DB server groups mode, server groups are now sorted by
i_group_sort_id(primary sort key) and their internal
sgid(secondary sort key) to match the icon order (data returned from the server does not allow sorting groups by talk power)
- Removed some possible debug output stuff
- Added an option to include or exclude dataset borders when copying stuff from the console’s parameter parser (YaTQA Pro)
- That option was supposed to be enabled all the time before, but did not work at all. This was fixed.
- Fixed too many newlines in parameter parser clipboard output (YaTQA Pro)
- Added a feature to select all parameters with the same idents (YaTQA Pro)
- In the same menu, the “What is this?” feature no longer appears when the menu is accessed using the “Copy Selected” button (YaTQA Pro)
- Did a lot of code cleanup in sorting comparisons (causing this release to be smaller than 3.0-gamma5)
- User DB no longer ignores case when comparing UIDs
- Token list no longer ignores case when comparing tokens
- Avatar list no longer ignores case when comparing UIDs
- Updated copyright year (and made both year ranges use the same type of dash)
- Added my usual partial people-consider-it-to-be-real name to the About window’s copyright line
- Split “Save main window size and position” setting into individual settings for size, position and maximized state
- Did a lot of code cleanup in handling clicking the list headers
- Added adding new people to a group in the server group member window
- Added a refresh button to the server group member window
- Improved constraints of the server group member window
- Fixed the bottom right label on the instance misc, server stats, server advanced tab having a too large hint footprint
Fixed indent of User DB items not going away after disabling ban mode
- List columns now show their sort column
- Note: This uses Arabic numbers 7 and 8 (۷۸) on XP and arrowhead modificators (˅˄) on later versions. The arrowheads look nicer (because the Arabic numbers are a little too tall), but are not available in XP’s Tahoma. If you see the arrows missing (being replaced by a rectangle) on Vista, please tell me, because I couldn’t test that (but I think only Armenian was added from Vista to 7). There are other arrows/triangles, but they are either way too big or too small to be used (▵▿△▽▾▴▼▲) and all but the last two don’t have ClearType in my app. For some reason, Windows does not display the small arrowheads (⌃⌄) in my program at all.
- Added missing ellipses to the log’s export menu items
- Searching all chatlogs from a user now displays an error on Windows NT 5
- List column widths are now adjusted without flickering (this was best visible when using the refresh button).
- Used new logo in the installer (and slightly increased its visibility)
- Added the JN-GAMES logo to the installer’s first step
- Increased visibility of the YaTQA icon during the other steps
- Instance stats no longer show a warning on low commands to flood if in auto refresh mode
- Fixed a bug that displayed a strange error when banned
- Fixed a bug that prevented important errors from appearing on tabs that would just color the bottom right text red
- Increased time limit to include up to August 2015
- Note: I originally wanted to remove the time limit, but I think there are too many people around who do not update – ever.
- Note: Also, the existance of the free version of YaTQA is tied to the existance of my personal NPL. It has always been, I just didn’t say it. If I don’t have a free 10-server 512-slot license anymore, you won’t have a free YaTQA anymore. I spend a lot of time and money on developing and supporting a nice free version of YaTQA because I wanted to support the use and users of a product that has a nice free version, too.
- Used better compression for the program icon
- Fixed spelling bug (“Loggin in...” to “Logging in...”)
- Entering a voice port of 0 will now send you to the Servers tab.
- Installer now warns if turning on portable mode will lose you access to your current configuration
no new version (12 Jan 2015, unreleased because TeamSpeak never uploaded this to the addons website)
- Voice port 0 is no longer suggested for use with the user chart.
- You can no longer enter an invalid snapshot name pattern for mass snapshot creation. Previously, doing this caused inaccessible 0-byte files, that could only be deleted using 8.3 mode.
- Note: If you have been affected by this, run
dir /X. After that, use
delwith the 8.3 filenames listed.
- Note: If you have been affected by this, run
- Removed all legacy server version support (earlier than 3.0.10)
- YaTQA now tells you if your server version was already outdated when that YaTQA version was released.
- Fixed display bug in channel details
- Did some file-size optimizations
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sorting of the User DB’s total visits column
- Fixed indent of User DB items not going away after disabling ban mode
- Fixed a bug that caused the sort direction arrows to go away in User DB tab – again (i have no idea why the previous fix did not make it in the final release)
- User DB ban mode is now disabled when searching
no new version (24 Jan 2015, uploaded to addons website after midnight CET)
- Changing the machine ID is now locked by default.
- Added alternative syntax for the
-ccommand line switch for leaving out credentials but still providing a voice port
- To make jump lists compatible with this (anonymous bookmarks with a voice port did not work before), jump lists entries only store credentials when username and password are set
- Improved translation of the two Statistics tabs
- Fixed a bug in RedeemerTS3A that caused the value selection for
permidto always insert
- Fixed translation of the “locked feature” errors
- Updated the installer to say that these versions only support 3.0.10–11, as support for 3.0.1–9 was dropped in the unreleased January 12th version.
3.0b (15 Feb 2015, unreleased)
- Improved description of DNS misconfigurations
- Multiple CNAME records are now considered invalid
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from logging in after having connected anonymously
- Relogging no longer logs you out if logging in right after (saves a command).
- Fixed a bug that caused relogging to always display the Quick Connect connection info in the top bar
- Fixed a bug that caused relogging to not update the top bar when logging out
- Fixed a bug that caused relogging to assume you were unselecting your virtual server and therefore switching to server template mode
- The instance Misc tab now displays the server’s cache/chat folder name.
- Added copy buttons for this and the server UID
- Improved the text for the setting to unlock changing the query port to no longer suggest it would allow changing the server’s port
- Fixed missing
ftinituploadparameter help (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed a bug that caused subwindows’ global find feature to be disabled if the user is on the Users tab
- Console now supports multiselect for this feature
- Fixed a bug that caused subwindows’ global find next feature to be disabled if the user is on the Users tab
- Fixed missing column names when exporting stuff from the in console (Ctrl+⇧+C) (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed a bug that caused a characterset error for the parameter help on
clientkickon some systems (YaTQA Pro)
permidgetbynameparameter help to indicate array parameters differently, compared to the other parameters (YaTQA Pro)
- Improved syntax help for
channelgroupcopyto explain how to create new groups (YaTQA Pro)
- Marked the
channelgroupdelas optional (YaTQA Pro)
- Marked the
servertemppasswordaddas optional (YaTQA Pro)
- Added incremental channel file system backup (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed joining channels with slashes in their names using the top right button when on the Users tab
- Improved the message when trying select a server that is listed as offline to say that you can click “No” to use it virtually
- Instead of just displaying a color, YaTQA now shows if it’s creating a remote folder.
- Added channel file system restore (YaTQA Pro)
- Removed warning when creating a server from a snapshot (the message is still being displayed when overwriting a server)
- If deploying a snapshot to a new server, you can now select multiple servers.
- Task bar entry now flashes if you receive a text message (can be disabled) (YaTQA Pro)
- Lenghty tasks now flash the taskbar when complete
- Fixed a bug that prevented virtual server user chart from working the bookmarks’ context menu
- Fixed a bug that caused the PayPal link in the About window to run the update checker instead...
- Logging out now changes your active server to the template, because that’s what the server does.
- Added support for the
datetimeident (returned by
ftgetfilelist) to What’s This Value? feature
- Included icons in channel file backup (YaTQA Pro)
- Added an option to save and restore a snapshot alongside the file backup (YaTQA Pro)
no own version (19 Feb 2015, RTM 21 Feb 2015, unreleased)
- Fixed tab order of settings dialog
- Fixed value selection of
cldbidinstead (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed some English translations in the settings and permission import windows
client_idle_timebeing interpreted as seconds (instead of milliseconds) by the “What’s This Value?” feature (YaTQA Pro)
- Add an option to disable taskbar flashing after lengthy tasks
- Added selection actions (all, none, invert) for multi server editing
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to display a warning when about an unknown server version when importing permissions (because YaTQA doesn’t tolerate older versions than 3.0.10 anymore, this was removed completely)
- The User DB’s server group mode now supports group icons.
3.1 (22 Feb 2015, RTM 23 Feb 2015, unreleased)
- Added a default menu entry for the User DB ban feature, because I found that confusing that only the button’s hint stated that it bans UIDs
- Added an option to continue after failing to deploy a snapshot
- Fixed a bug that prevented the User tab’s mass permission editing from working if more than one item is selected
- Removed automatic refresh after mass permission editing to allow setting more permission to the same selection
- Finding people with a certain channel group in a channel now allows viewing all people with a non-default channel group in a channel
- Added confirmation for deleting all bans
- Added animated GIF support (its framerate is slower than the official client)
- Added Ctrl+⇧+A hotkey for autoresizing columns to match their content (only works on main window)
- Added an option to always display the avatar owner’s details
- Added an option to send a server text message to certain servers
- Added help link to the sidebar
- Added a space between update checker and help-related sidebar items
- Added multi select for Client Channel Groups tab
- Fixed access violation when using the “find next” hotkey without having used the find hotkey first
- Added Ctrl+A hotkey to select all items in list views
- Moved global list view copy/save hotkey from Ctrl+⇧+C to Ctrl+C
- All global hotkeys now work in the entire program (except for the permissions file editor, because it is launched in a new process).
- Updated “Did You Know” tips to reflect the new alternative syntax for the
-cswitch and the above change of the global list view copy/save hotkey
- Added progress display and cancel hotkey to deploying multiple snapshots
- Added selecting a database ID from online users to permissions tab (server groups, both client tabs, client channel groups)
- Added progress display and cancel hotkey to changing channel groups
- Added an option to ban multiple users from User DB
- Recompressed toolbar icons
- Fixed a bug that prevented YaTQA from changing its nickname after editing or sending text messages to multiple servers
no own version (04 Mar 2015, unreleased)
There is a chance that this version broke compatibility with some computers that were not meeting the minimum system requirements. If you have any comments to make about this, let me know.
hostinfois no longer queried on instance Statistics tab if you specified a port, as it is not required for YaTQA to run properly
- Fixed some small translation mistakes
- Image preview window is now double-buffered (so it no longer flickers when scrolling)
- Removed disabled-state image resource for online client selection, because that feature cannot be disabled
- Online client selection feature now defaults to the current value if possible
- Added undocumented and non-working
channelcreateprivatecommand to autocomplete (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed parameter parser window failing with error-only data (YaTQA Pro)
- Made complaint-related durations use the normal duration format (and shortened some text to make it fit)
- Allowed conntecting to bookmarks when connected to a different server
- Enabled doubleclicking in client server groups window
- Added an option for a “real time mode” in client server groups window
- Added drag and drop support for icons
no own version (05 Mar 2015, finally one that was released!)
- Fixed a bug that made main window resizing available to free users
- Note: All versions with this bug have a time limit of up to August 2015.
- Note: I recommend updating anyway, because there are some important bug fixes.
- Note: This is really a bug. I do not plan to remove any features from the free version. The only feature that has ever been removed was the ability to see an unlimited number of servers, and there is an offer to get this back for free.
- Preventively changed back the drag and drop handler to again be activated when used for the first time
- Fixed a bug that prevented the info text from appearing if the server was selected in the Users tab
3.1b (12 Mar 2015)
- Improved loading speed if you have many bookmarks
- Fixed the DNS resolver always critisizing the use of multiple CNAMEs if any CNAMEs were found
- Removed maximum width of the last DNS resolver list column
- Added server status icons to the multi-server edit feature
- Fixed a bug that prevented YaTQA from logging in after connecting to a non-default server via jump list
- Removed confusing hint of the permission list when using the Users tab’s mass permission editing feature
- Added an option to delay command execution (to prevent getting kicked for flooding)
- Fixed a bug that made snapshot restoration unavailable in the English version (free version would ask you to register, paid version would ask for a channel file backup instead)
- Checking the “Only certain servers” checkbox for global messages now hides the info on the left, as messages are not anonymous in this mode
- Changing the new delay setting no longer requires you to reconnect
3.1c (17 Apr 2015, released on 26 Apr due to a delay at TeamSpeak’s end)
This version was supposed to be released on April 10th, celebrating the 4th anniversary of YaTQA’s development start. However, I was seriously ill on that day.
- Changed internal string format from UCS-2 to UTF-16
- Note: TeamSpeak does not fully support UTF-16. However, people managed to get non-BMP characters in via their TeamSpeak clients. At least that’s what I think since I was unable to send non-BMP characters to the server via neither UTF-8 nor CESU-8. Snapshots of servers that have these illegal non-BMP characters in strings would be destroyed by
TRedeemerTS3A._FromUTF8, which to date only converted UTF-8 to UCS-2LE. The function now converts UTF-8 to UTF-16LE.
- Note: TeamSpeak does not fully support UTF-16. However, people managed to get non-BMP characters in via their TeamSpeak clients. At least that’s what I think since I was unable to send non-BMP characters to the server via neither UTF-8 nor CESU-8. Snapshots of servers that have these illegal non-BMP characters in strings would be destroyed by
- Improved error message when trying to create a file system snapshot of a server without files
- Changed the icon of empty DNS results to from warning to error
- Fixed a bug that caused all bans from the user DB tab to become UID bans
- Fixed a different bug that caused name bans from the user DB tab to become IP bans
- Fixed a bug that caused banning by IP or IP range in the user DB tab to try banning people by description instead
- Changed PNG compressor for 4.5 KiB less file size
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from banning mulitple CIDRs
- Fixed a bug that prevented YaTQA from applying the CIDR notation to a given IP
- Changed IP range bans from CIDR to wildcard notation (because unlike TS2, TS3 doesn’t support CIDR)
Summer Release 2015
This major release consists of versions 3.2 to 3.4c.
3.2 (10 Jun 2015, delayed to this date because of technical problems that I have no influence on)
Development on this version took very long because my testing server’s power supply failed and the ISP took over 12 days to fix that. I might be changing my server again (and maybe some more times) for connection stability reasons.
Because of the long outage (and because my ISP named me incorrect ETAs), most of the users of my TS server are now gone. I therefore have no people on my test environment that could help test bug fixes so I have external users doing the testing.
Additionally, my cloud storage service Cubby is down, preventing me from merging work from my laptop and computer, as well as uploading development snapshots. This is for some days now...
F*** the internet. Better three days without electricity than one day without internet.
- As a result of many people failing to enter their registration info correctly, YaTQA now removes additional spaces and other stuff surrounding the actual credentials.
- Support for BBcode escape sequences was added. Therefore, “\[b]bla[/b]” now stays untouched instead of becoming “\bla”. I decided to keep the leading backslash even in WYSIWYG view so you can still use BBcode within the WYSIWYG editor.
- Fixed an access violation when uploading icons from the collection
- Added maximum width to the icon list’s first column (on big screens, it was hard to see what information was in the same row and therefore belongs together)
- Fixed an access violation when deleting icons from the collection
- Fixed an access violation in passive tree update mode caused by comparing channels to users (YaTQA Pro)
- For debug, saved nicknames of clients that have left the server while in passive tree update mode are now set to “THIS CLIENT LEFT” (YaTQA Pro)
- Added (additional?) semaphore for the passive tree update mode (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed a bug that prevented newly-joined clients from being sorted appropriately in their default channel in passive tree update mode (YaTQA Pro)
- Added an option to recalculate a snapshot hash on deployment (YaTQA Pro)
- Note: This will allow you to deploy modified/hacked/corrupted snapshots.
- Note: “on deployment” means that the original file is not modified by YaTQA. The fixed snapshot is created in memory.
- Note: This is of course compatible with the snapshot multiselect feature added in 3.0b.
- Added an option that allows you to keep a virtual server’s keypair (and server UID the server calculates from it) when deploying a snapshot (YaTQA Pro)
- Note: This will allow you to copy servers, which would normally cause the well-known “running elsewhere, shutting down” error after a few hours.
- Note: If no server is selected, a new one is created. YaTQA then creates a temporary snapshot (to get the server’s keypair) and instantly overwrites the server with your snapshot (while keeping the keypair).
- Note: The latter case is compatible with the snapshot multiselect feature added in 3.0b.
- Removed a restriction that limited renaming of servers on the server tab (but not in the mass snapshot creation tool) to those that are currently online
- Added renaming servers in the window that lets you select servers for mass server editing and nearly-global messages (you could already edit the list items before, it just didn’t have any effect)
- Largely increased the speed when joining a server while having many megabytes of icons loaded
- Fixed a bug that seems to have caused the “Don’t use icons globally” setting to have far less than the intended effect
- Slightly reduced memory usage of the icon cache
- Fixed a bug that prevented icons from appearing in the icon list after being uploaded from the collection of another server
- Added feature to join a server with your TS client to the “Servers” tab’s context menu
- If you click the title bar arrows, their content is copied to the clipboard (or in case of the first arrow, it opens the “About” window)
- Moved the “Edit permissions” entry in the “Users” tab’s context menu to the bottom
- Editing a channel’s permissions from that menu now moves you to the
- Added access to the permission overview to the “Users” tab’s context menu
- Did some internal changes when jumping to someone’s client permissions (“Users” and “User DB” tab)
- Did some internal performance-related changes when jumping to client or channel details (“Users” tab)
- The release date now is in its own line on the installer’s start page again (this broke in 3.0 final)
3.3 (16 Jun 2015, unreleased)
- Changed domain for PlanetTeamSpeak API calls (YaTQA originally had its own subdomain because it doesn’t use SSL and the normal domain used to force SSL)
- When selecting a value for virtualserver_hostmessage in the console, you can now use the WYSIWYG editor. (YaTQA Pro)
- Added support for virtualserver_hostmessage to the “What’s This Value?” feature (YaTQA Pro)
- Added full SSH support (YaTQA Pro)
- Note: This feature requires
plink.exeto be present in YaTQA’s folder (not the configuration one!). YaTQA will download it for you (requires you to run YaTQA as administrator) or guide you to PuTTY’s website. I decided to not ship it with YaTQA because only a few people will need this feature.
- Note: To begin using this feature, you need to enable it and set up SSH profiles in the settings. If a profile’s and the server’s domain name match, the configured SSH tunnel is used. The way this is done is targeting ATHPs who sometimes have multiple instances on a server, so they only have to set up SSH tunnelling once per server. Additionally, I don’t want any more input boxes on the start screen and parameters for the
- Note: This feature requires
- Added note to user graph saying that a timeframe of more than today and yesterday (UTC) requires a registration on PlanetTeamspeak.com
- Note: There is currently no such registration. However, PlanetTeamspeak’s server and the official test server count as registered.
- Added changing your meta data to self menu
3.4 (24 Jul 2015, unreleased)
Fixed a bug that caused empty results in SSH tunnel mode to cause one phantom result (with all strings empty and all numbers -1)[superseeded by the next change]
- Set telnet to character mode instead of line mode, removing the limit of 4095 bytes per command (easily exceeded by restoring snapshots and some mass permission editing functions) and fixing the ambiguity of SSH returning all the input
- Note: There is still the limit of 9203 bytes (strange number in a computing context) per command from TeamSpeak’s side (which I just got to know on 16 Jul). However, 13 of the 141 commands are allowed to exceed this:
delpermcommands. While it is important to have it here, there are more commands where it is very nasty. Especially
channelcreate. The following functions can be affected:
ftdeletefile(affected in YaTQA, but rather unlikely) and
clientkick(both are affected in YaTQA, but you must be moving more people at once than even an NPL can handle).
- Note: There is still the limit of 9203 bytes (strange number in a computing context) per command from TeamSpeak’s side (which I just got to know on 16 Jul). However, 13 of the 141 commands are allowed to exceed this:
- Major internal changes to RedeemerTS3T
- SSH now connects to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost (some servers don’t appear to have this linked and it might also prevent telnet from running in IPv6 mode which is unsupported by the TS server)
- Added feature to the console’s input box’s context menu that allows you to load a file of commands, edit it and then execute all commands (YaTQA Pro)
- You can now see if the server whose stats you are viewing is registered on Planet TeamSpeak, allowing 31 days of statistics instead of just today and yesterday
- Added link to this registration if required (unless the feature is running stand-alone)
- Clicking the title now takes you to your server’s page on Planet TeamSpeak
- Added a note to the window caption saying that you can save that chart
- Updated registration info text to include the features added in 3.2 and 3.3
plink.exefrom YaTQA’s settings window now requires you to accept its license terms
- Added joining and leaving all server groups
- Fixed a bug that prevented changing one’s description via the Self menu from working
- Fixed a bug that caused the channel kick event to lack the target channel
- Added missing shortening of the machine ID
- Global Select All hotkey now works with edit boxes and memos (workaround for a bug that exists for Windows XP only?); the corresponding functionality for WYSIWYG editors is provided by Windows
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to repeatedly load the icon cache from disk when visiting the virtual server stats tab after having selected the server by port or ID
- Did some checks before loading sort settings (even though this happened to someone, I have no idea how it did that)
- Unified some function that selected a server
- Fixed a bug that caused deploying a snapshot with a file backup to select the created server twice
- When creating a new server with the snapshot from a file backup, the name is now given in the top bar (because we had to retrieve a server list for creating the server anyway) and in this case YaTQA no longer has to switch the tab to retrieve the server UID.
- Fixed a bug that prevented editing multiple servers from saving the selection
- Added server template to mass editing
- When restoring a channel tree, YaTQA now add the description via an additional command if the
channelcreatecommand would be longer than 9203 bytes
- Added missing autoresizing of the list view columns in the window for selecting multiple servers and fixed the same feature for the server groups window (they both now work in the same way as it has always been done for mass snapshot creation)
- Added a feature to add multiple channels at once with an option to keep their settings and permissions
- Added a feature to move multiple channels at once
- Fixed a bug introduced with multi channel edit that prevented users from moving channel to the base level
- Added custom parameters for
- Fixed missing server group names in error messages when assigning server groups via the server group window failed
- If permission import runs in debug mode and you choose to exit after an error, the displayed information is updated like after a success
- Replaced the Ignore/Abort buttons for error messages shown during the last (or only) item of most multi-target functions (e.g. deploying snapshots, creating channels) by a OK button and added an explanation (this was especially confusing if you selected only one item and it failed)
- Made clear in the console's parameter help that the tokenid2 parameter for tokenadd/privilegekeyadd must be 0 for server groups (YaTQA Pro)
- Improved the handling of the backspace key in console (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed a bug that caused some strange error messages when trying to select a value for UID-type parameters in the console caused by YaTQA not using the
clientlistswitch to actually retrieve the UIDs (YaTQA Pro)
- Server tree now treats text without surrounding blanks as identical when renaming channels or yourself
- Added character/byte limits for most strings input boxes as well as the WYSIWYG editor (because of complex calculation, this is not a hard limit but displayed on the right end of the toolbar if you wait for a fraction of a second for it to recalculate)
- Note: This also applies to the console as long as the parameters are unique. Some parameters however are ambiguous and will not be limited:
name: groups (30 characters) and ban target (255 UTF-8 bytes)
msg: pokes (100 characters) and text messages (1024 UTF-8 bytes)
message: complaint (200 characters) and offline messages (4096 characters)
- Note: This also applies to the console as long as the parameters are unique. Some parameters however are ambiguous and will not be limited:
- Increased time limit to include up to February 2016
- For renaming stuff in the channel tree and setting a default nickname (but not the phonetic one), YaTQA now removes leading and trailing spaces (including non-breaking space) like the client does
- Registration window now also removes leading and trailing non-breaking spaces
3.4b (04 Aug 2015, only available from my website until August 10th, only accessible via IPv4 until August 11th)
This will most likely be the last version for a some months because of personal things and the lack of good feature requests.
- Added a feature to start browsing the log from a certain position backwards by clicking in the diagramm
- Fixed a bug that caused the ticks in the diagramm to be placed every 10 KB instead of the 10 KiB mentioned in its hint
- Changed the text in the “Servers” tab when autostart slots cannot be determined (because not all are currently running) from 3 to only 1 question mark
- Changed the “Servers” tab’s “in use” statistics’ descriptive labels into images to make more room for numbers of up to 6 digits (hover the icons for explantation of the icons)
- No numbers are displayed in the “Slots” column now if server is offline (affects “Servers” tab as well as the mass snapshot and server editing windows)
- Made local TS3 Client cache and chats accessible for any server via invitation link with server UID (via the “Home” tab’s left menu)
- The TSDNS resolver can now be minimized if started from command line.
- Added feature to change your channel to the “Self” menu (instance “Misc” tab)
- Changed icon for “Away” in server tree view to one that’s similar to the official client’s one (the channel commander status is now displayed as the color of the clock)
- Fixed missing translation for: new message when processing one of many items failed, new subtitles of Planet TeamSpeak statistics
- Changed link in Planet TeamSpeak stats to say “Claim” instead of “Register” (which was a verbal translation from the term that is used in the German version caused by a lack of a good translation for “claim”)
3.4c (30 Aug 2015)
- Added new flags for the Dutch Carribean:
BQ(Carribean Netherlands, not sure about the flag, so I used the Dutch flag),
- Removed flags:
AN(Netherlands Antilles, disbanded),
FX(European France, code not used in IP geolocation)
- Fixed a spelling mistake in the Selection window (English only)
- Added a feature to copy the server UID to the Servers tab
- Changed “Empty since” to “Empty for” because there’s no space for a two or more digit number of days (English only)
- Added ellipsis to “Add” button in the server group member management window
- Removed dash in the complaint list’s last column (English only)
- Fixed a bug that caused a senseless error message when using the “What is this?” feature on icon IDs
- Fixed a bug that showed “OK” and “Cancel” buttons (instead of just a single “Close” button) when using the “What is this?” feature on icon IDs
- Improved wording of several items in the “user DB details” message box
- Note: A bug in TeamSpeak server bug causes the icon ID to be always 0 in that window
- Fixed an invalid type conversion when trying to ban someone by direct input
- Added a feature for multi-server bans
- You can no longer send pseudo-global messages to offline servers.
- There was a change in 3.1c which was supposed to make empty records display as failed. However, this only changed for A and CNAME records. It was now changed for SRV as well.
- Fixed some access violations and “index out of bound” errors in user DB search when not resolving all items
- Added debug feature to simulate events using the console
- RedeemerTS3 now waits for events to be handled before creating a new one (this should fix a lot of errors caused by handling events out of order). This might have fixed an important passive tree update bug (YaTQA Pro).
- Fixed a passive tree update bug caused by viewing the user details (this (and mabye the previous one) should have fixed all issues with the passive tree view update) (YaTQA Pro)
- Added saving a global ID’s cached avatar image with the correct extension to a file (which is then opened with the associated software) to the client cache feature
- If no files were found for file backup, YaTQA will now offer the normal snapshot feature for your convenience
Winter Release 2016
This major release consists of versions after 3.4c, which includes 3.5-pre to 3.5.
3.5-pre (06 Dec 2015, unofficial release)
There won’t be a new official version before 2016 because I want to count the downloads of YaTQA 3.4b/c unless there’s something important, and I don’t have the time to release the finished version earlier.
Nonetheless, this is primarily a bugfix update. The most important new feature is the TeamSpeak Explorer that allows easy browsing in your TeamSpeak settings folder.
This version was released because TeamSpeak released a beta of server version 3.0.12.
- Fixed spelling mistake in restore file backup feature (English only)
- Added display of bandwidth saving from codec latency setting to codec selection window
- Added displaying the filename of the image to the image preview window’s caption
- Removed multiple features related to grant permissions that don’t make any sense
- Note: Back in the days, I added these features because
permgetcalculated a total value for grant permissions. However, this is the only situation any calculations are being done with grant values. Grant values are just to be compared to a client’s
i_permission_modify_powerto determine if a permission can be modified. Therefore, calculations like the ones done in YaTQA before this update made no sense at all.
- Note: Back in the days, I added these features because
- Removed the grant permissions checkbox from permission overview tab; grant permissions are now edited like on other permission tabs
- Note: In permission overview mode, grant permissions are only shown if a normal permission exists as well.
- Note: The find permission feature wasn’t changed, because looking for grant permissions makes sense there.
- Also see the note above.
- Fixed a problem from the telnet command (not sure if bug or feature) in SSH tunnel mode that caused UTF-8 codes with
0x9dto be interpreted as a telnet command which is officially
0x1d(not binary safe I think)
- Fixed a bug that prevented selecting a server virtually via its ID (not via port) to fail
- Removed error messages if DNS lookup and file indexing are cancelled by the user pressing Esc
- Fixed a bug that caused the Advanced tab to make all server features available when in template mode
- Fixed DNS resolver not converting the input to lowercase for TSDNS
- Fixed DNS resolver not converting the input to lowercase for DNS
- Fixed DNS resolver not converting the input to lowercase for listing the name of the answering TSDNS server
- Increased default width of uptime column by 4px (so it supports a 3-digit number of days)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the client cache feature from correctly parsing the UID of a server with default port
- Added progress display, error handling and cancelling for banning people from the server tree
- All dropdown lists for group selection now respect
sortid(in lists, click the “Order” column twice/trice)
- Updated URLs to point to YaTQA’s new website
- YaTQA now updates the list after deleting a grant permission in permission overview mode (further work on the new way the permission overview handles grant permissions).
- Fixed a bug that prevented copying a child value line’s permission name in permission overview mode
- Allowed removing grant permissions in permission overview mode (further work on the new way the permission overview handles grant permissions)
- Fixed minor typo in German version’s bans tab
- Removed ping sound after copying stuff from a list
- Added simple multi-line input window for console
- Added divider to the “Clear Command History” menu item
- Fixed a bug that broke drag and drop in icon tab
- Added icon for server status
other_instance(arrow pointing right)
- Fixed a bug that caused icons to be missing in “Icons” tab if downloaded elsewhere after visiting the tab for the first time
- Fixed a bug that caused icons to be missing in lists after adding some from the collection
- Self menu: Removed some stuff, add overwolf
- Fixed dead IP location links
- Did some preparations for possible changes to the log feature in 3.0.12:
- The leading space of the message column was removed. This is now supported.
- The file format was changed from ASCII to UTF-8+BOM. Because the BOM would invalidate the first line, YaTQA now ignores the BOM.
- Used zopflipng encoder for PNG images and main PNG icon (made the program like 9 KiB smaller)
- Increased number of datasets in the parser warning by 1 (because it was 1 less before)
- Completely rewrote of the codec bitrate calculation
- Completely changed event system to run in its own thread, preventing all kinds of deadlocks
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from using custom ban reasons in the console (YaTQA Pro)
- Added support for 3.0.12 minimum version virtual server property split for mobile version
- Added version selection for minimum client versions
- For desktop versions, this is based on my client logs. Though I do have this data from beta1 on (with some gaps for unknown reasons), I decided to limit it to versions that can connect to Opus servers, which was client version 3.0.10. As Opus was added in server version 3.0.7 and YaTQA does not support servers below 3.0.10, this makes sense to me.
- For mobile versions, I used
wgetto download a list of all clients listed on ts3index.com. The HTTP flood with around 2200 GET requests took 3 hours on 19 Nov 2015. Sorry guys. :( You’re just doing an awesome job. <3
- Added “What’s This Value?” support for new client version properties as well
- Replaced Client Server Data feature by a new TS3 Client Files feature looking just like the Windows Explorer, which is still in development right now so here’s the development status:
- General: Progress and cancel feature for initial server name searching, logs and avatar/chat loading.
- Client Log: Not started and hidden from this preview version.
- Search Connection History: Complete.
- Client Server Data: Almost done. Just missing client search features, which were hidden from the preview version.
- Servers: Complete.
- Instead of showing a window asking the user whether he wants to filter the User DB’s channel group search to a certain group, there are now two menu items in the Search menu.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Cancel button in that feature’s channel selection window from working.
- Added setting grant permissions in permission overview/find mode even when not set yet
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to display permission overview/find results when the other one was actually requested
- Fixed a bug that caused changing
b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissionsin permission overview (and possibly find) mode to display skip and negated value where they weren’t supposed to be
- Fixed a bug that prevented YaTQA from properly taking
b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissionsinto account in permission overview mode (because I forgot to tell the function that determines this value the name of the permission...)
- Fixed a bug that prevented YaTQA from properly taking updated values for
b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissionsinto account immediately in permission overview mode
- Fixed a bug that prevented channel groups from being displayed as a permission’s origin in permission overview mode
- Added official descriptions for permissions (in context menu and when doubleclicking the column with the permission name), which are currently retrieved from the server and therefore always in English
- Added importing/exporting permissions with channels (please do not try to use files created with this feature enable in older versions of YaTQA)
- Reduced the time between the time limit message and opening the website for downloading the update
- Internal changes related to displaying some values in the tabs
3.5-pre2 (14 Dec 2015, unofficial release)
The program’s version is displayed as 3.5-pre in the program itself and the installer’s file name. However, the release date (14 Dec 2015) is correctly displayed.
- Enabling ban or groups mode in User DB tab now sorts the table
- Fixed a new bug related to displaying and changing a server’s autostart status
- Fixed inconsistency in server group real time editing mode if applying a change didn’t succeed
- Added cancelling server name lookups
- Fixed an
invalid orderbug if moving the first channel’s subchannel below it
- In the English version, fixed a text clipping bug in the About window
- Removed the query manual version from the About dialog
3.5-pre3 (04 Jan 2016, unofficial release)
- Importing group sets now supports importing multiple files at a time
- Fixed incorrect font size if not running on default Windows font size
- Fixed incorrect scaling of the minimum server version settings box (YaTQA Pro)
- Maybe fixed incorrect scaling if using XP unicode improvement feature
- Updated copyright year
3.5-rc1 (25 Jan 2016, unofficial release, RTM 28 Jan 2016, released 29 Jan 2016)
- Removed query bots bonus feature from the list, as my new job will likely prevent me from being able to offer this
- Fixed a bug that prevented YaTQA from properly displaying the waiting cursor during operations
- The delay setting now only takes the difference since the last command into account
- Command delay setting no longer works for
- Command delay setting no longer works for SSH tunnels as these will connect from 127.0.0.1 and therefore should be whitelisted.
- Removed official support for server versions older than 3.0.12
- Removed client versions that would be overridden by hardcoded minimum client versions in server 3.0.12 anyway (according to this post)
- The installer now lists the four most important changes since the last major version instead of random cool features. Originally, these texts were added because the installer contained multiple versions of the software an users should know why. I no longer maintain outdated versions of YaTQA.
- Added default filename if saving something from the cache explorer
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to not save the icon cache when you just deleted some icons and no new ones were added
- Added date/time to avatars in the cache viewer
- Added searching for users in cache and chats in the cache viewer by UID and name each
- Added copying the UID in the cache viewer
- Removed the UID from being copied in the cache viewer’s avatars mode as there is a separate feature now
- Added client log features to the cache viewer
- Fixed a bug that prevented the sort settings in the cache viewer from being saved
- Fixed tab order in settings and channel tree export windows
- In the servers tab, the “Mach. ID” column is now hidden if you aren’t using any machine IDs, so you can see longer server names.
- Changed wording of the delay setting to match how the feature works now (only for non-admins and only the user didn’t already wait long enough) and show the recommended value
- Changed default time of the delay setting from 0 (off) to 350ms (334 plus a bit of margin for unstable ping), as this will no longer affect
serveradminaccounts and isn’t too long either
- Added a feature to the Group Overview tab to select and save all local (normal) groups
- Removed low flood commands warning for all users except for
- Removed minimum server requirement hint from server groups window
- Changed the displayed donation email address to one that is easier to read (jn-games.de sometimes became in-games.de) and doesn’t contain dashes (PayPal sometimes refuses these)
- Note: Only the displayed address has been changed. The address that is used for the link is still the same.
- Fixed donation link in About window
- The menu for selecting the log month now supports Windows Themes.
- Fixed a bug related to searching for client cache search features, causing YaTQA to get confused about what tab (Avatars, Icons, Chats) were enabled
3.5-rc2 (05 Feb 2016, unofficial release, “Fridolina B-Day Edition”)
- Incorrect progress when deleting clients vom client DB
- Fix a bug that caused an error message if “What’s this value?” was used on a parameter with an empty value (YaTQA Pro)
- Added “What’s this value?” support for welcome message BBCode (YaTQA Pro)
- Changed the way YaTQA looks up the TS3 Client’s directory to better support 64-bit TeamSpeak clients
- Note: YaTQA did not support 64-bit TeamSpeak clients saving their configuration in their own folder. Using the 64-bit version of TeamSpeak (as well as most other applications) is just a gigantic waste of RAM.
- Note: YaTQA uses the
Uninstallinformation of TeamSpeak to find the folder. As YaTQA is a 32-bit application, it can only access 32-bit
- Note: The key was changed from
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamSpeak 3 Client(which is redirected to
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamSpeak 3 Clientby a 64-bit Windows) to
- Suppressed possible errors while creating the TS3 client’s server history
- If you click the donate button, there is now a short message with answers to the most common questions.
- Fixed a bug in the server group list window introduced in 3.5-pre2 that prevented the “realtime mode” from working at all
3.5 (29 Feb 2016)
Because I do not want to include support for versions prior to 3.0.12 in this release, I am not releasing this until TeamSpeak has fixed the serios crash exploits in 3.0.12.
- YaTQA now ignores unexpected files in the server’s icons folder.
- YaTQA now ignores unexpected files in the server’s avatars folder.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v3.0-rc2/v3.0-gamma (06 Nov 2014) that prevented non-
serveradmins from using tokens
- Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 1418654632 to 1455547898
- If enabled in your server’s
telnetwill not be added to
bashhistory by using a leading space (YaTQA Pro)
- Added duration of DNS lookups to help you find issues caused by slow servers
- Fixed a bug that caused “Copy UID” feature to not be disabled if unavailable
- Added a new line to the TeamSpeak error messages that tells you how like this error is related to YaTQA:
- 256, 1537–1543: possibly a YaTQA issue
- 1024–1536, 1544–1791: most likely not a YaTQA issue
- All others: Definitely not a YaTQA issue
- If launching the DNS Resolver in its own process, the connect button is now hidden instead of being disabled
- Added support for 3.0.19 (as no relevant features were added, this only affects the minimum version dropdown list)
- Fixed a bug that caused the client cache’s “Copy Message” feature to copy the first column (type of message) instead of the last column (actual message)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the client cache’s log viewer from allowing the user to select multiple lines, despite the features actually supporting it
- I added some easteregg related to fighting piracy. This change doesn’t make any sense, but the whole GuildWiki.de Wiki Task Force (WTF) pondered an hour about what would be a good easteregg.
- Increased time limit to include up to August 2016
- Added changing the nameserver for DNS lookups
- Updated version info resource
3.5b (05 Mar 2016)
This release fixes some non-serious bugs and was released to prevent some problems in advance. There is not really any point why one would want to download this release when YaTQA is running fine otherwise.
This will be the last version for some time unless someone comes up with good ideas.
- Fixed outdated version thingy opening too many download tabs on some computers
- Fixed a bug introduced in the Winter release that caused YaTQA to hang when disconnecting from same-machine servers via their LAN IP or
localhoston some Windows 10 computers
- Fixed possible memory leak in RedeemerTS3
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused an access violation when disconnecting from same-machine servers on some computers
- Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 1455547898 to 1457080280
Summer Release 2016 (Current Major Release)
This release consists of the 3.6 series.
3.6-pre (07 May 2016, unofficial release)
Development moved from my desktop computer (3HUNDERT) to my new laptop (CEPHYNF). However, both are running Windows 7 x64.
This is an unofficial release, because some new features got added and some internal performance changes affect large parts of the application.
- Improved list performance in client cache
- Fixed a bug that prevented the join button from properly sending the user into channels with quotation marks (
") or sharp signs (
#) in their namens
- Possibly fixed some other rare bugs related to joining channels and especially subchannels
- Fixed a bug that prevented the feature to find all users with any non-default certain channel group in a channel from working
- Added a feature to find users with a certain (or any non-default) channel group in any channel (last column is used to display which channel group and channel)
- Removed default channel group from the list that is used to select a group for channel group search features
- Added a way to delete people from channel groups in user DB channel group mode (this menu item is only visible while in that mode)
- Updated minimum client versions to choose from (thanks to ts3index.com)
- Improved log display performance, especially when filtering
- Fixed a bug that caused YaTQA to freeze when viewing logs that included a ban message with an ampersand (&)
- Added multi selection for adding server and channel groups to group comparison
- There is now an option in the TSDNS resolver to enable a workaround for non-standard behaviour used by
bind-based DNS servers (no support for multi-type queries)
- Improved error messages displayed by the blacklist checker
- Previously, there was only one error message displayed if the answer was invalid, but it said that there was no answer at all.
- Now, there are appropriate messages for both cases.
- The message about an invalid answer now displays the raw result and asks you to report this to the YaTQA support.
- Changed the icon for the message saying that the server is blacklisted from warning to error (warning now used for greylist).
- Added support for the greylist feature added in client version 188.8.131.52
- Added 184.108.40.206 to client version selection
- Fixed a text error that caused the "resolve names" feature in the "Find permission" feature to say "editing" instead of "resolving" in the statusbar while doing its job
- Added a feature to select unused icons
- Some internal changes to how errors in a loop are handled (it also asks the user to read the statusbar for more information on what failed)
- The server group window's non-realtime mode now displays a progress and uses the generic loop error handler
- Fixed a bug in the file backup creation window that allowed users to selected an orphaned folder for deletion when at the same time deciding not to delete all of its content (which then would be deleted anyway)
- Added file list feature you can use for deleting stuff (YaTQA Pro)
- Fixed a file download progress graphic glitch introduced in 3.5-pre
- Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 1457080280 to 1461597405
- Changed minimum delay between two file transfers from 1 second to 50 milliseconds
- Added workaround for a bug in TeamSpeak that prevents deleting a lot of files
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from deleting avatars
- Improved performance when deleting multiple avatars
- Unified internal processing of string arrays
- Fixed a bug that could cause some file operations in Users tab to be made available if nothing, incomplete files or – when using a non-standard sorting – the Up icon were selected
- If you are deleting files in Users tab and selected the Up icon, it will now be unselected instead of resulting in an error message.
- Image preview is no longer available for multi-selections.
- Image preview can now be closed by pressing Esc.
- Image preview (of the remote file) is now available in file backup creation and the new file list window (the other context menu items have been renamed to make clear that the work with the local file).
- Added scrolling by dragging to image preview
- Updated copyright year in license
- Removed duplicate word from license
- In the installer, changed appearance of the feature descriptions
3.6-pre2 (17 Jun 2016, unofficial release)
Note: YaTQA 3.6-pre2 and up will no longer officially support 3.0.12.x! This will not really make much of a difference anyway, but may confuse people using an older server version.
- Added query parameter changes added in 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 (YaTQA Pro)
- Added support for IPv6 file transfers to YaTQA (there is query support for this already since 2013)
- Added IPv6 DNS support (like for IP addresses, IPv6 must be enabled by square brackets, e.g.
- Updated address input box hint in the login screen to hint for the notation of IPv6 addresses
- Made editing IPv6 addresses in the login screen easier
- Added support for 3.0.13
subsystems (note that
voicereturns the bindings for each running server, which is stored in the servers’
virtualserver_ip, but I don’t know of any way to set different IPs per virtual server)
- Note: This was a server bug and was fixed in 3.0.13 Beta 2. The voice IP is now returned once.
- Added support for serverside IPv6 (recognizing IP addresses)
- CIDRs are no longer considered IPs (TeamSpeak 3 does not support CIDR and bans work by wildcards).
- Made preparations for selection criteria for folder diff window
- Added support for Android 3.0.23/1463662487
- Added theoretical IPv6 support to blacklist check via the notation mentioned above (obviously, no server-side support currently exists)
3.6-rc1 (19 Jun 2016, unofficial release)
- Added selection criteria by size and date to file backup/deletion
- Note: The Double-Check Selection feature might be a bit ambiguous, so here’s some explanation: This feature implements the logic
ANDoperator. You can use it to add required criteria to an existing selection. So if you want to select all files larger than 10 MiB and (therefore the name:
AND) older than a year, set one criteria in Replace Selection (e.g. bigger than 10,240 KiB) mode and then switch to Double-Check Selection for further criteria (e.g. older than 1 month).
- Note: Natural-language durations (like used here) support month and year for input, but not for output (because smaller units are not divisable).
- Note: The size criteria is in KiB (also said in the window) and supports floating-point numbers as input.
- Note: The Double-Check Selection feature might be a bit ambiguous, so here’s some explanation: This feature implements the logic
- Updated version info to 3.6
- Fixed abbreviation for months (was
m, just like minute, and is
- Added support for 3.0.20/1465542546 (unlike all others, this has a comment saying “[IPv6 beta, win32 only]”)
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.6-pre that prevented users from deleting icons
- Added cumulative log saving
- First column of permission comparison resizable
- Moved Clear Permissions menu item in that tab’s context menu a bit up
- Fixed a bug that prevented the OK button from updating in the Add Permissions window if the list was modified by the context menu selection criteria
- Some small changes to how the IP is displayed in the Users and User Details tab
- Changed label from “Country” to “IP”, because Country was too long for IPv6 and it also fits the actual value better.
- Removed the dash between IP and country for space reasons.
- IPv6 addresses are displayed as CIDR /64 subnet without link locals.
- IP range bans ban the actual
- Added IPv6 support to sorting by IP in User DB tab
- Made sure IPv6 addresses are properly passed to Flagfox’ geotool
- The global copy window’s radio buttons now update depending on the checkmarks.
- Updated the “Made in” place in the about window
3.6 (17 Aug 2016)
This version was released later than announced for these reasons:
- I’m looking for a proper (and cheap, meaning under 1 euro per month) IPv6-enabled host for more testing, because my current host doesn’t offer IPv6 but I want to stick with them for other reasons. I’m currently contacting some hosts for more info. Without this, I cannot make 100% sure that YaTQA’s behavior to file transfers bound on another IP (while competely bount to IPv6) is correct. Note: I have found a suitable host. Bills are paid for around 15 months now (because that’s what 13.37 euros lasted for).
- I’m not using 3.0.13-b2 (aka 3.0.13-final) yet because of many reports of stability issues. I therefore cannot make sure that YaTQA fully supports 3.0.13b2. I’m using 3.0.13b1 for both, production and testing.
- There seem to be more and more high-priority security issues that I want TeamSpeak to fix so I can update the server version adviser to a version with these issues fixed.
- TeamSpeak withdrew the release of the IPv6-enabled client version 3.0.20 because of many security issues. Without a proper IPv6 client, testing is not possible.
- Added support for the official TeamSpeak permission overview exports to permission file editor
- Note: These files must have been created in “Show names” mode.
- Note: Non-ANSI characters are not supported by TeamSpeak when creating these files and will therefore show up as question marks in YaTQA. This is not a YaTQA issue.
- Note: After opening such a file, you will be shown a list so you can choose what part of the file you would like to import, e.g. “Server Groups › Server Admin”.
- Note: Exporting to this file format is not supported. Clicking “Save” will result in “Save As...”, even if the filename is displayed in the title bar.
- After implementing IPv6 support three years before TeamSpeak supported it, I found it made sense to add the Flag of Scotland to the resources (named AB for Alba, since all other combinations one could make with “Scotland” are taken).
- Added support for 220.127.116.11/1466597785 and 18.104.22.168/1466672534
- Added workaround for a bug that sometimes did not display the correct info pane in Users tab if user repeatedly selected and deselected a tree node (because the selection event did not fire when the selected node had the focus (dotted rectangle))
- Added chatting with complaint targets and invokers
- Made mass-permission editing more straight-forward
- Hid “subgroups/clusters” checkbox when not applicable
- Disabled “Skip” and “Negated” checkboxes when editing grant permissions
- Implemented support for mass-editing grant permissions (this feature existed before, but never worked for boolean permissions and was seriously bugged for integer permissions)
- Prevented users from adding empty custom permissions in permission file editor (YaTQA previously created an empty item and asked the user to edit this, but no event was fired if the text was left empty, so this invalid result could not be handled. Another bug kept users from editing those items.)
- Added support for 22.214.171.124/1468491418
- Fixed a bug that did not enable buttons for adding people to server group and viewing client channel permissions when selecting an online client
- Hints for the image-only buttons in permissions and channel group subtabs now also appear next to the mouse pointer
- Update checker now checks the input for a certain header to make sure it is not an invalid response (e.g. from the site being blocked or not being properly logged into a public WiFi network)
- The OK button is now disabled when creating a channel until you enter a name.
- Fixed two bugs that prevented file transfers from working if using IPv6 and connected to a query DNS whose IP is also valid for file transfer
- Added support for 3.1 [beta]/1471417187
- Increased time limit to include up to February 2017
- Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 1461597405 to 126.96.36.199/1471255451
3.6.1 (30 Aug 2016)
Added new SRV TSDNS lookup scheme(superseeded by the next change)
- Added a combo box to select the version for the DNS lookup simulator (either 3.0.8 or 3.1)
- Note: This feature will be removed in the final winter release.
- Fixed a bug that caused a strange message when the blacklist checker received an empty or no answer from the server
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from checking the blacklist for IPs (as opposed to DNSs)
- The donation-related “Did you know?” tip is no longer more likely the others
- Added “Did you know?” tip on IPv6
- Fixed a bug that sometimes (only with Aero?) prevented the length of the server address in the second arrow (above the tab bar) from properly being limited to a certain width, which also was increased by a few pixels (if this causes issues when using Wine, let me know)
- SRVs resolving to IPs are now displayed as error rather than warning in v3.1 mode
connection_connected_timeto “What’s this value?”
- Fixed the download URL always pointing to the German site
- Completely changed DNS resolver for standard lookups (BIND workaround is now always enabled because three lookups (AAAA/A/CNAME) at once appear to be threated as an A lookup by the default Google servers as well)
- The SSH tunnel now uses the same IPv6 syntax for switching between IP versions and will force Plink to use that protocol
- Possibly fixed a rare bug that sometimes caused problems when connecting to some servers via SSH
- Fixed IDN support for TSDNS (supported only ASCII, but should support UTF-8/CESU-8 with BMP-only)
- Added support for the new 3.1 tail of a TSDNS request (bytes 10, 13, 13, 13, 10 or
- Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 188.8.131.52/1471255451 to 184.108.40.206/1471538803
- Added support for 3.1 [beta]/1472203002