Starting in early 2015, YaTQA development consists of major releases released in January/February and July/August each year. The reason for this schedule is explained here.
This changelog lists changes to the most recent major release (released in February and August each year) and its smaller releases, as well as coming updates. For the latter, this text is sometimes not being updated for some weeks, especially while development happens primarily on my laptop. Additionally, it is possible for some changes to not be in the development snapshot from the FAQ yet.
Older changelogs can be found in the archive and there’s also a log with only the changes in the engine.
Summer Release 2018
3.9.1-beta (15 Mar 2018, unofficial release, snapshots only)
- Fixed blacklist2 check (serverside change, affects all blacklist2-enabled versions without the need for an update)
- Added support for more details in blacklist2 check (you can now how the server is blacklisted, e.g. by IP or domain/nickname)
- Completely changed the file transfer system (internal change only, please report possible bugs)
- Fixed a bug that when you tried to download multiple files from the Users tab, among which were uncompleted uploads, they were’t downloaded but added to the queue size (incomplete files cannot currently be added)
- Added feature to file list / file backup window to download a file
- When doubleclicking a non-image file in the file list window (not in file backup), downloading it is now the action for non-image files (instead of previously just displaying an error that made no sense).
- Fixed strange error message when trying to open a local file backup file with no extension (now simply nothing happens if you try that)
- Updated blacklist2 result message
3.9.2-beta (08 May 2018, “Back in Kirchlinteln” edition, unofficial release)
This version is designed for 3.2 servers. Therefore, this version will complain that your server is outdated if running any earlier version, even though 3.2.0 is currently in beta.
- Updated blacklist2 result message
- Several big changes in the RedeemerTS3 engine for easier inheritance and adding of different
- Pseudo Snapshots now work without
permissionlistpermission (please note that the server’s permission version has to match YaTQA’s in that case)
- Added new
serverprocessstop(the confirmation/warning was removed in return, because one window is enough)
- Added new
- Added new
customdeletefor managing a client’s custominfo in a brand-new window
- Moved SSH to the freeware version
- Made auto refresh work better with slow connections (interval is now paused while the information is refreshed to prevent backlog)
- Note: This feature always existed for the server log and was now added everywhere else. It was changed for instance stats in an earlier snapshot of this version.
- Add button to copy server UID
- Added 3.1.9 to desktop client version selection
- Updated auto-complete (YaTQA Pro)
3.9.2 (19 May 2018)
Probably to be released when TeamSpeak 3.2-final is being released.
- Fixed adding an existing custominfo ident being added instead of updating the existing value (ident matching is case-sensitive)
- You can now edit custominfo values by doubleclicking in the list.
- Removed pointless minimize button in new custominfo window
- YaTQA is now freeware. ATHPs are still asked to consider a donation.
- Console icon in statusbar now appears only while connected.
3.9.2b (02 Jun 2018)
- Added execution time to console
- Fixed maximizing accidentially not being available in freeware version (when I introduced maximizing, it accidentially was available in the freeware version, so we’re even now)
- Wine mode can now be forced
- Double clicking the auto Wine mode shows the status (just yes or no)
- When dragging clients or channels through the server tree, it now automatically scrolls at the upper and lower border
- Removed Icon ID from
- Added auto scrolling during drag and drop to bookmarks, channel files, file backup channel associating and group order DnD (they all move half as fast as the server tree)
- In all checkbox list views, you can now check your selection with NUM +, uncheck with minus NUM − or toggle with .
- Doubled global command timeout to 10 seconds because of huge performance issues in TeamSpeak 3.1.0 when running SQlite
3.9.2c (07 Jun 2018)
- Added member counting to client database group mode view
- Added yesterday’s new badges that will be announced tomorrow I guess
3.9.2d (08 Jun 2018, RTM 22 Jun 2018)
- Automatically download permissions when connected to a TeaSpeak server (the required version is yet to be released)
- Fixed adding multiple bans adding the individual bans multiple times, too
- Updated client versions (added 3.1.10)
3.9.3-alpha (28 Jun 2018, unofficial release)
For use with 3.3+ servers only, in particular the one that was released today.
I do not yet recommend using TeamSpeak 3.3+ because of many bugs and stability issues. I also do not recommend using the 3.2.0 client because it does not connect to 3.0.x servers.
- Clarified that the YaTQA SSH tunnel is NOT the TeamSpeak 3.3+ SSH feature.
- Changed SSH install and SSH tunnel configuration button to be different buttons, as installing the SSH client is also needed for TeamSpeak’s SSH feature
- Note: This (still) does not work automatically on Linux.
- Added TeamSpeak 3.3+ SSH support (console output is not fully satifying, as the command you sent is printed twice among with some glibberish)
- Note: If YaTQA’s SSH tunnel and TeamSpeak 3.3+ SSH are enabled, the latter will be used.
client_lastconnectedto Pseudo Snapshots to match how the official snapshot features works now
- Changed idle timer from 5 to 2 minutes (because TeamSpeak changed the timeout from 10 to 5 minutes)
- Updated permissions to version 21
- Updated client version 3.2.0  (in case someone really uses the new client)
- If you search in a list view, the selected result now becomes focused in addition to being selected (moving with your arrow keys now originates from the found item)
- Changed server version to not make YaTQA complain to 1530178919
- Updated parsing of
client_badgeswhen using the “What’s this?” feature in the console result window (still worked like required by the very early version of the badge system)
- Added myTeamSpeak ID and integrations (client details only, not returned via
- Added TeamSpeak SSH support to bookmarks
-sshcommand line switch (same as
-cjust with SSH instead of TCP)
- Changed login tab’s tab-stop order
3.9.3-beta (19 Jul 2018, unofficial release)
This was not tested on 3.3.0-beta1, so you may want to use 3.3.0-beta2. YaTQA will complain if you do not use beta2.
Note: There are no notifications in the official SSH feature.
- Fixed file uploads in users tab (broke in 3.9.1-beta)
- Fixed glibberish in the console
- Fixed disconnecting begin extremely speed when connected to 3.3.0-beta2 via SSH (I neither know why it was that much slower than in 3.3.0-beta1, nor do I know how I actually fixed it)
3.9.3 (25 Jul 2018, RTM 01 Aug 2018)
This is the final Summer Release 2018 with an increased time limit. If TeamSpeak releases a new version before September 1st, YaTQA 3.9.4 will be part of the Summer Release 2018, otherwise the Winter Release 2018/19.
- Fixed first event after a command being omitted in TeamSpeak tunnel mode
- Fixed registering for server events also marking channel as subscribed
- Added new desktop and Android versions to choose from
- Increased time limit to February 2019
3.9.3b (08 Aug 2018)
- Changed idling action from newline to
whoami(a command that requires neither permissions nor parameters) as TeamSpeak 3.3 will no longer accept newlines or spaces as idle but requires either valid or invalid commands
- Added new client versions and changed desktop version 3.2.0-beta3 to beta2r2 as there was no announcement by TeamSpeak and only 4 hours between this and the beta2 version.
18.104.22.168 (20 Aug 2018)
- Fixed caption saying “[registered for ]” (with no name) for freeware version (was supposed to say nothing at all)
- Now prevents users from trying to use TeamSpeak SSH anonymously (which isn’t possible and would therefore fail anyway)
- Fixed listview checkbox swap hotkey not affecting the focused item (note the special case of only one item where nothing happened at all)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused disconnecting to be very slow when connected via SSH
- Now displays a shield icon (elevation required) next to Plink download button
- Changed downloaded Plink version to the most recent version (0.70, w32old), now downloaded via HTTPS
- Fixed cancelling grouping long responses like snapshots in the console results also closing the result window
client_totalconnectionsto Pseudo Snapshots to match how the official snapshot features works now
- Added new desktop version and renamed most recent Android version to 3.2.0 (final)
- Updated PuTTY (Plink) license terms
- Several improvements of what happens after a downloading Plink
no own version (20 Aug 2018)
- Fixed granting/revoking talk power
- ––– internal progress until here –––
no own version (20 Aug 2018)
- Added badges
(both gamescom badge icons are probably preliminary)
22.214.171.124b-beta (30 Aug 2018)
This version is for 3.3.1-final or newer only!
- Changed idle “command” to a space (this version does not work with any 3.3.0 version and 3.3.1-steadyclock!)
Fixes invisibility feature being accessed by right-click rather than the arrow on the right
- Removed invisibility feature (no longer “supported” serverside)
- Global listview copy hotkey now uses fake multiselect on non-multiselect listviews (especially useful in permissions tab)
- Fixed missing translation for the error message when trying to log on to SSH anonymously
- Added new versions
3.9.4-beta (05 Sep 2018)
This version is for 3.4.0-beta or newer.
- Added support for new
- Removed phonetic nickname from settings (YaTQA now uses the new official way to change the query nickname via
usewhich doesn’t support phonetic names)
- Updated console params for
- Added support for
3.9.4 (10 Sep 2018)
This version is for 3.4.0-beta or newer.
- YaTQA SSH tunnel now sends no credentials instead of empty credentials (other than with TeamSpeak credentials, where username as well as password must be provided to be sent at all, you may also provide only one information for SSH)
- Fixed some semaphore bugs that could prevent proper disconnect from both types of SSH connections
- Fixed anonymous connections to TeamSpeak not being prevented after displaying the message
- Fixed some access violation that could happen when you intentionally disconnect because the disconnect event tried to disconnect a second time
- Match pie chart hints with the texts to its left
- Removed registration requirement from the “did you know” hint about the console
no own version (11 Sep 2018)
maybe at some point (TBA)
- Secure connection via OpenSSL for TeaSpeak?
- Add blacklist2 check to serverinfo tab
- Fix incorrect display (or only scaling?) of indexed transparent PNGs
Winter Release 2018/2019
I don’t know yet if I want to continue to develop YaTQA, given the new restrictions of the NPL. I have always stated that YaTQA is a “thank you” bonus for the NPL, primarily my own but also other people’s.
Below is the original schedule for the upcoming releases before the new limitations were announced.
unknown version (23 Sep 2018)
I currently wait for TeamSpeak’s “Changes to this [NPL] licensing policy are currently being finalized.”. Prior to that, this version will not be released.
- Remove requirement to send me an email for commercial use
Summer Release 2019
unknown version (10 Apr 2019)
- Make YaTQA open source, celebrating its 8th anniversary
There are plans from TeaSpeak to include SSL/TLS. Adding support for that requires me to purchase quite an expensive Delphi extension (upper three digits in euros) will make YaTQA around 80% bigger. I’m not sure if I want to do that solely for TeaSpeak. I might add preliminary support that requires OpenSSL until TeamSpeak maybe adds a similar feature. I plan to be able to make a decision here before the release of the 2018 Summer Release.
4.0 is set to change the design to a line-based design. I’m currently working on the design and evaluate the need for purchasing some of the required icons. Icon dimensions will increase by 20% (32 to 38 pixels). The default width will increase by 48 pixels. The font will change to Segoe UI (which is wider than Tahoma and therefore couldn’t be used before).
5.0 will change YaTQA to support high-DPI displays.
You can download development snapshots in German and sometimes English.
The German snapshot (without the suffix) is updated more frequently than the English one, because the original language of YaTQA is German and the translation is only created periodically. The date given on the linked website is the date the file was either compiled or updated (depending on the software I used for uploading it) in German time. Snapshots can sometimes be older than the current stable release. The last upload of each snapshot is also listed in the changelog.
Sometimes, snapshots are a bit bigger than the release versions because they contain some stuff that is useless for stand-alone applications and therefore removed before release (see here for technical details). I also remove the ugly default images as YaTQA uses its own ones, which are prettier.